Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

ISA account dividend paid twice

including wills and probate
ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

ISA account dividend paid twice

Postby ayshfm1 » August 20th, 2018, 11:37 am

I have an ISA with Halifax. I have the dividends paid to my bank account which is Intelligent Finance. This is all Lloyds (which I own shares in).

They have paid me the same dividends twice, just under £500. I contacted my bank (by email) who said they can't do anything unless the sender contacts them. I had already contacted Halifax share dealing via their onsite chat systems. They said they were aware but I'd need to ring up there call centre to get it sorted out. I've no compelling desire to sit in queue and get asked endless security questions to fix their cockup, so I haven't so far done so.

I toyed with uploading the money, but it's via an ISA so would impact my yearly allowance.

At the moment I've settled on my default investing strategy - masterful inaction. Is this wise though?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: ISA account dividend paid twice

Postby PinkDalek » August 20th, 2018, 12:56 pm

ayshfm1 wrote:… I toyed with uploading the money, but it's via an ISA so would impact my yearly allowance.

By uploading do you mean subscribing the sum to your ISA sharedealing account cash balance? If so, no, I'd leave it in your bank account until it is reclaimed in some way or another.

At the moment I've settled on my default investing strategy - masterful inaction. Is this wise though?

Yes, I think that's wise. You are aware of it, have alerted whomsoever paid it to you and you have no intention of not repaying or having it reclaimed (if that's permitted).

As for the online chat system suggestion, I'd reply that Halifax should write to you outlining how matters should proceed and leave it there until you hear from them. I'd also keep a copy of your webchats.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » August 20th, 2018, 1:05 pm

ayshfm1 wrote:I have an ISA with Halifax. I have the dividends paid to my bank account which is Intelligent Finance. This is all Lloyds (which I own shares in).

They have paid me the same dividends twice, just under £500. I contacted my bank (by email) who said they can't do anything unless the sender contacts them. I had already contacted Halifax share dealing via their onsite chat systems. They said they were aware but I'd need to ring up there call centre to get it sorted out. I've no compelling desire to sit in queue and get asked endless security questions to fix their cockup, so I haven't so far done so.

I toyed with uploading the money, but it's via an ISA so would impact my yearly allowance.

I'd write to Halifax, snail mail, and tell them what has happened. Be much quicker than phoning and then balls in their court.

Slarti

ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

Postby ayshfm1 » August 20th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Thanks

I believe I the snail mail suggestion is optimal and that is what I will do, then they can write back tell me how they want to be re-payed.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”