Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Missing LPAs

including wills and probate
didds
Lemon Half

Missing LPAs

Postby didds » August 31st, 2018, 6:52 pm

A couple or so months ago Mrs Didds and I applied for 2 x LPA each, with each other as attorneys. ie health and financial, for both.

We for the letters saying the applications had arrived and were being processed etc and to wait a month for rejections etc.

Yesterday three signed for envelopes arrived with three of the four LPAs in them. I staked the three together and left them on the kitchen table (its large :-) believing the fourth would arrive today and then i could go through them today.

Realsied tonight the 4th hadn;t arrived today and mentioned it off hand to Mrs Didds. Oh she said, there's an enveleope in the letterbox - its white. No says I, these were large brown signed for - not A5 white. Anyway she opens todays white A5 enveleope.

It's a letter dated a few days ago saying one of LPAs had been registered and was being sent. All seemed rather odd... then she "found" three other white A5 envelopes delivered earlier this week covering the other thee LPAs all sayting the same ie now registered being sent out. Mrs Didds has an annoying habit of never opening mail.

Anyway we can see that all four LPAs have been registered and have been sent out. But... only three have actually arrived thus far - mwe are assumi9ng the fourthnwill eventually arrive (???).

however, when I asked where the three stacked up LPAs were Mrs Didds said she didn't know. I haven't moved them. She hasn't moved them - allegedly We have two adult sons living with us that do the square root of stuff all so they won;t have moved them.

So basically the three LPAs that have been sent have now "gone", removed by the LPA-removal-fairy.

Question (and thanks for getting this far): The three issued LPAs have gone and so we have nothing to prove they have been registered. How can we get copies of the LPAs that have been missing?

2nd question: If the 4th one never arrives how do we get a copy of that one?

I've googled for stuff like "replacement LPA" but to no avail.

cheers

didds
Moderator Message:
Moved to Legal Issuers from DAK (leaving a link). -Chris

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Missing LPAs

Postby Clitheroekid » September 2nd, 2018, 11:59 am

So far as the missing LPA is concerned you should phone the OPG and tell them it’s not arrived. As it will have been sent by recorded delivery their own records will confirm where it is.

If the lost LPA’s don’t turn up you can obtain official copies of each of them from the OPG at a cost of £35 each. These will be stamped as being official copies, and will be readily accepted in lieu of the originals.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”