Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Preventing harrassment from daughter

including wills and probate
Aaaaarrrgghhhhh

Preventing harrassment from daughter

Postby Aaaaarrrgghhhhh » December 24th, 2018, 1:55 pm

A question on behalf of a friend of mine.

Her 17 year old daughter has gone totally off the rails and is in the care of social services and keeps coming round and harassing her. In the past this has involved the police having to remove her.
There is a history of windows being damaged, anonymous false accusations made to social service, accusations of sexual assault, late night phone calls pretending to be from the police...... This is seriously damaging the two younger siblings who still live with the mother.

How can she go about stopping this. I have read up about various non-molestation orders, protection orders, prevention from harrassment orders, injunctions etc but not quite sure which is appropriate.

Any help greatly received.

TraderTed

Re: Preventing harrassment from daughter

Postby TraderTed » December 24th, 2018, 2:49 pm

For a restraining order you need get the police involved and press charges and issue it through sentencing.

Non-molestation order is how you do it without a criminal conviction, but you will need to hire the services of a family lawyer to get a court to issue one, which costs money.

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » December 24th, 2018, 3:16 pm

These sort of issues start our really as psychological questions rather than necessarily legal questions hence I would not wish to give advice as to exactly what approach to take without understanding the background to the issue.

Aaaaarrrgghhhhh

Postby Aaaaarrrgghhhhh » December 27th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Thankyou for responses. I will point her in the direction of the non-molestation order.
Unfortunately she doesn't have money so I guess being poor she just has to put up with harassment.

As to the background - this has so much history it is impossible to know where to start. Both sides have different versions of what has gone on, but where I know facts for definite, the daughter is a major problem with major problems and she isn't interested in sorting her life out.

Thankyou

midnightcatprowl
Lemon Slice

Postby midnightcatprowl » December 27th, 2018, 1:42 pm

If the daughter is in the care of social services then they actually have the responsibility of taking care of her no matter how difficult this may be. Unfortunately, partly due to funding issues and partly for other long entrenched reasons there is a tendency to let teens over 16 years or so fend for themselves and go their own way and focus funds and time on younger children. Regardless of this if the Council have a care order then they also have the responsibility that goes with it. Presumably leaning on Social Services and asking them to do their job has been tried before without success? If so has the mother approached her local councillor? Many local councillors are genuinely committed to trying to help the public in their area and those who are not so committed are at least aware of the need to be re-elected next time and thus need to at least look as though they are keen to help the public. In my experience over a variety of issues, local councillors are often very effective in getting action from other local organisations.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”