Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

BT- legal advice re contract

including wills and probate
CaptainJ

BT- legal advice re contract

Postby CaptainJ » November 8th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Dear All
Just advised to pop over here from Motley Fool.
I could really do with some direction on how to get out of my contract with BT.
Since August 2016 I have had nothing but trouble post purchasing a service Broadband, TV and phone line. I purposely got high fibre broadband and the phone to get BT spots free.

Issues: The service I purchased was not delivered in a timely manner.
I waited over 8 weeks for BT to sort out BT TV and arrange delivery.
They only did this because I contacted then approx five times.
I was pushed form pillar to post.
They promised to call me back, resolve my BT TV.
none of these were auctioned by BT.
I have been over charged the second time this month. Having highlighted my initial bill to BT they emailed me and promised a refund. This never happened and for the second time thins month I am being over charged.
Do I have an argument that they are in breech of their contract failing to provide an adequate service and over charging me.?
I am such a fool signing up to BT having no idea what my contract states. Its impossible to find my contract online.
:?:

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT- legal advice re contract

Postby Clitheroekid » November 8th, 2016, 7:10 pm

Rather than just emailing them you would probably be best initiating their formal complaints procedure - https://www.bt.com/help/home/complaints.html

That way the matter should be allocated to an individual to sort out - though I hasten to add I've no personal experience of their complaints procedure.

CaptainBlade

Postby CaptainBlade » November 10th, 2016, 12:01 pm

CaptainJ wrote:I could really do with some direction on how to get out of my contract with BT.
Since August 2016 I have had nothing but trouble post purchasing a service Broadband, TV and phone line. I purposely got high fibre broadband and the phone to get BT spots free.
:?:

I have had similar problems and ended up writing to the CEO which eventually got the issue sorted but other billing errors have been made. It is infuriating but you have switched now and need to see the process through. You may not find it easy to go elsewhere if you are still 'in contract' with BT.

Once working, the broadband/phone/tv is good. I had serious operation problems with Tesco and got fed up of marketing calls from TalkTalk and having to wait over an hour to contact their Indian help desk (basically, "turn it off turn it on again"), so be careful what you wish for.

BTW, are you actually a 'proper' Captain and do you have a large foam head and plastic sword?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=capta ... IQ#imgrc=_

CB

patrickmacqueen

Postby patrickmacqueen » November 10th, 2016, 1:51 pm

TW, are you actually a 'proper' Captain and do you have a large foam head and plastic sword.

He's strangely effeminate looking for a supposedly fearsome pirate from the hardest county in England. What is going on, CB?

CaptainBlade

Postby CaptainBlade » November 10th, 2016, 2:01 pm

patrickmacqueen wrote:
TW, are you actually a 'proper' Captain and do you have a large foam head and plastic sword.

He's strangely effeminate looking for a supposedly fearsome pirate from the hardest county in England. What is going on, CB?

Effeminate!

I should demand satisfaction and challenge you to a duel sire, but as this the legal board, perhaps I should sue for slander.

I will instruct my good man CK to prepare the scrolls and parchments forthwith!

CB

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”