Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Access Rights Query

including wills and probate
Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Access Rights Query

Postby Andy46 » May 31st, 2021, 10:41 pm

Hi,

I live in a row of 7 houses. I believe I have access to a bottom section of my garden via stairs located behind the 1st and the 7th house (there is a 10ft drop between my house and this bottom section of garden so i have no other way of accessing it other than to have some stairs installed on my land).

Would information regarding who has use of these stairs be in my deeds or the deeds of houses 1 and 7?

Thanks

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Access Rights Query

Postby Clitheroekid » June 2nd, 2021, 6:40 pm

Andy46 wrote:Would information regarding who has use of these stairs be in my deeds or the deeds of houses 1 and 7?

Almost certainly. You can obtain copies of your title documents from the Land Registry - https://www.gov.uk/search-property-info ... d-registry

Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Re: Access Rights Query

Postby Andy46 » June 3rd, 2021, 7:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks. Still confused though. The information on Land Reg doesn't give any information about access rights whatsoever as far as i can tell?.

I have some paperwork which has dates on it going back as far as 1863. I also have in my possession what looks like an original copy of the title deeds dated 1963 which is few pages long and has much more info on it and looks like the pic here

https://hmlandregistry.blog.gov.uk/2018 ... tle-deeds/

So how, if at all, does this relate to the minimal info that is on the land registry website?

The steps I mentioned initially aren't mentioned specifically anywhere but there is a bit about access rights which i don't really understand. Surely they wouldn't have sold a property with no access to half the garden other than telling the purchaser to either fly up and down or build their own steps lol.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”