Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Job Title Change.

including wills and probate
gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Job Title Change.

Postby gryffron » March 21st, 2024, 8:19 pm

Matello7777 wrote:I don't want to antagonise by boss but at the same time I can't accept what appears and will be perceived to be a demotion.

So negotiate. Tell them you are unhappy, and what you want them to do to make you happy. Everything in an employment contract is up for negotiation. EVERYTHING! Promotions, pay rises and title changes are all considered modifications to the employment contract. They don’t tell you, you agree.

At the ripe old age of 26, I got GEC Marconi to change their CoE cos I didn’t like one of their terms. The fact such a massive company was willing to do this sure opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Gryff

ukmtk
2 Lemon pips

Postby ukmtk » March 22nd, 2024, 3:25 am

Gryff wrote:
At the ripe old age of 26, I got GEC Marconi to change their CoE cos I didn’t like one of their terms.

I first read CEO instead CoE! :)

I used to work a for a GEC company in Rugby (in 40 years I've only had 2 employers).
When I came back from a foreign posting one boss emailed to say that I wasn't observing office hours.
I sent a terse reply saying that he didn't seem to mind all the excessive unpaid overtime I had worked.
I didn't hear from him again. ;)

Matello7777

Postby Matello7777 » March 22nd, 2024, 4:40 pm

So as an update, I had another meeting today with my boss.
My boss heard my concerns and I gave examples in the same company where the job title that had not shown someones seniority had adversely affected them.
I said the Job Title pigeonholed me into a very specific area whereas my actual role is very varied.
The agreement is that the change will not happen, I keep my current title and we review in a few months after a re-structure. We'll look at what other work comes into our team and come up with a new job title based on that. It remains to be seen what this is but I think I've made myself clear that any job title needs to reflect my seniority.

Thank you for all of your input.

the0ni0nking
Lemon Slice

Postby the0ni0nking » March 22nd, 2024, 4:49 pm

Thank you for the update and I'm pleased the situation has been resolved/rectified.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”