Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

No response from Lenovo

including wills and probate
foundone
Lemon Pip

No response from Lenovo

Postby foundone » April 12th, 2017, 12:14 am

I purchased a Yoga Book for my son last year and the keyboard cracked (it's like a second touchscreen). It was sent for repair early December and eventually Medion responded with a repair quote (they do repairs for Lenovo). This was paid and I received acknowledgement 27th January. Since then I've made numerous phone calls but am told the incident is with their special services unit who will be in touch shortly. They won't put me through to them and never get back to me.

Where do I go from here?

nautical

Re: No response from Lenovo

Postby nautical » April 12th, 2017, 1:30 pm

You may want to register and post the issue on the relevant Lenovo online forum. Their forum for "Notebooks" is here (choose correct forum for your model):

https (colon & two forward slashes) forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Notebooks/ct-p/ll_en

I've seen Lenovo support staff respond to some posts where the issue is within their scope. Not sure how consistent this is though so may be a bit hit and miss.

Politely play up the "expected better customer service from a top brand like Lenovo" angle and you may get their attention.

Nautical

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » April 12th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Who did you buy it from? It's they you should have taken it up with.

My Yoga had myriad problems, mainly not connecting to wifi but also one on the USB ports just fell out. I had left it a year before I got it looked at because I couldn't risk not having it for work (where I didn't need the wifi as I had ethernet). When I did, as I bought it as John Lewis, it had a two year guarantee - JL said it was just as well I didn't take it back within the year because then the guarantee would have been with Lenovo and they said they were *dreadful* with repairs. JL had it back three times, but each time was only about a week and they were happy to keep looking at it until it was totally fixed.

I'm not sure what you mean about the keyboard being a second touch screen, on mine the keyboard is a keyboard and the screen is touchscreen, but they are different things. Maybe they've changed it.

Anyway, I would 'tweet' Lenovo, usually gets results.

Mel

foundone
Lemon Pip

Postby foundone » June 11th, 2017, 3:27 pm

As a follow up to this, Lenovo contacted me by email offering a replacement and asked me to reply accepting the offer, which I did straight away. Then received another email 10 days later quoting a different reference, and from a different person saying if I didn't reply they would close the case. I copied in the previous email and accepted again. One week later I received a Yoga Tab 3 Pro running android.

I emailed them yet again stating that it was not a suitable replacement for a Yoga Book running Windows and could they arrange collection of the Yoga Tab and send the correct item. They replied saying that they had not promised an identical item, to which I re-iterated that there was no comparison between the items and I expected them to collect the Yoga Tablet and replace it with a Yoga Book running windows of the same or higher spec by the end of the month or I would go through the small claims court.

On 8th July a Yoga Book was delivered without any further correspondence and the delivery company had not been instructed to collect the Yoga Tab 3. :D

Do I now assume that they don't want the Yoga Tab 3 back and give it to my Daughter?

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”