Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Planning Permission Procedures

including wills and probate
Weirdstone

Planning Permission Procedures

Postby Weirdstone » January 9th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Hi Lemon Fools,
Consider that a planning permission application has been submitted as a renewal, after the 5 year period of an original planning application has expired i.e. it should have been a new application rather than a renewal.

In this case could the acceptance (by the planning authority) of the application as a renewal rather than new application been deemed as a departure from the procedures and if so is this contestable.

Furthermore, assuming it is contestable what are the pros and cons of contesting before the planning has been approved or waiting until the planning office have approved the application.

Currently the planning officer has recommended the application for approval although it has not yet been formally approved although likely.

Thanks in advance

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Planning Permission Procedures

Postby Clitheroekid » January 9th, 2018, 9:18 pm

My understanding is that unless the original planning permission was issued before 1 October 2010 it's no longer even possible to apply for a renewal of planning permission.

If the original one has expired (and the normal period of validity is now only 3 years) a fresh application would need to be made.

So are you sure that the application really is one for renewal, and not simply a fresh application?

Weirdstone

Postby Weirdstone » January 10th, 2018, 5:30 am

Thanks clitheroekid for your response.

It states clearly on the planning website "Renewal". Furthermore, the fee paid is at the rate related to renewal. So I am absolutely sure.

Do you have any views on the pros and cons related to making a complaint at, either, before full approval or wait until full approval is granted.

Cheers,

newlyretired
2 Lemon pips

Postby newlyretired » January 10th, 2018, 11:14 am

Do you have any views on the pros and cons related to making a complaint at, either, before full approval or wait until full approval is granted.

Hi Weirdstone

I think that must be better to object to the renewal process before full approval is granted. Once that has happened then I think that you would find it difficult to get it overturned.

If you can get it switched now from a renewal to a fresh application then I think that the council would treat it a bit differently and you would have more chance of getting it refused (all IMHO - IANAL)

newlyretired

Dorn1

Postby Dorn1 » January 22nd, 2018, 10:10 am

Best raised directly with local planning authority and with your local Cllr.
Very little you can do after its granted, the earlier you raise comments in the process the more influence they have.
C

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”