Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

British Telecomm

including wills and probate
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

British Telecomm

Postby Rhyd6 » January 20th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Over the past 12 months letters addressed to a Mr. A N Other have been sent to our address. Desipte returning each one to BT with "no-one of this name living at this address" prominently marked on the envelope and two telephone calls to their accounts department when I was assured that the matter would be dealt with and the matter of the wrong address followed up. This has not happened, in fact this morning a further letter was received which I opened, it was from a debt collection agency giving the said person until the 25th January to pay the amount due. Their customer account department is now closed and I shall have to wait until Monday to contact them. Any suggestions on the best way to deal with their customer accounts department greatly appreciated. I'm not bothered about anyone turning up on the doorstep but don't want to find my address black marked on any credit reporting agency.
TIA

R6
Moderator Message:
Name edited

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: British Telecomm

Postby swill453 » January 20th, 2018, 1:57 pm

I don't think there's any concept of a black marked address. The credit reference agencies only deal with credit histories of people, not addresses.

Scott.

ten0rman
Lemon Slice

Re: British Telecomm

Postby ten0rman » January 20th, 2018, 9:26 pm

In my various dealings with BT, I have found that the best way to get positive results is write to the Chief Executive, ie Gavin Patterson: the complaint then gets dealt with as a high level complaint.

Regards

ten0rman

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”