Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

25% off season is here again

your favourite tipple - wine, beer, spirits
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

25% off season is here again

Postby bungeejumper » March 20th, 2024, 11:14 am

Tesco, Asda and Waitrose have just joined the merry pre-Easter throng of retailers doing 25% off on six or more bottles. Sainsburys have been on it for a week already. But, if I'm any judge, there are also some better-than-usual reductions in the underlying prices at the moment, so a double saving. Fill yer boots. :D

Sainsburys do tee me off a little bit with their regular "25% off three selected wines" promotions,which turn out to be less interesting than they appear. Either the regular prices are higher than elsewhere, or the definition of "selected" turns out to be only a few wines and not the ones I want. Harrumph. :evil:

BJ

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: 25% off season is here again

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 20th, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thanks for posting.

I shall probably pass this time: re-stocked the wine rack a few weeks ago when Morrisons had the same offer. From memory, don't they usually have another offer around May-time?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: 25% off season is here again

Postby bungeejumper » March 20th, 2024, 12:21 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:I shall probably pass this time: re-stocked the wine rack a few weeks ago when Morrisons had the same offer. From memory, don't they usually have another offer around May-time?

Pretty much every bank holiday, I think. I still don't really understand how they make these deals pay, unless they're really desperate for the boost to their overall footfall. A tenner off six bottles is quite a big loss-leader really.

Somebody on this forum told me recently that the wine wholesalers were being strong-armed into absorbing the price cut, but I don't think that can be right. If every bottle in the shop is being cut by 25%, they can't all have been approached and forced into submission, can they?

BJ

Return to “Drink”