Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,Howard,Gostevie,JuanDB,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Invalid thank

For questions or input on how the site works or improvement you would like to see.
88V8
Lemon Quarter

Invalid thank

Postby 88V8 » April 18th, 2021, 10:08 am

Trying to 'recc' as we used to say, a post, I first got an SQL error and then when I tried again I got Invalid Thank.

I presume this was nothing to do with impaired mobility on my part or the recees'.

It happened using Firefox.
I tried again using IE, and it worked as usual.
When I flipped back to Firefox and refreshed, the Recc was noted.

Just an oddity I guess. Must be hard making fora work nowadays with so many potential browsers.

V8

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Invalid thank

Postby csearle » April 18th, 2021, 11:47 pm

88V8 wrote:Trying to 'recc' as we used to say, a post, I first got an SQL error and then when I tried again I got Invalid Thank.

I presume this was nothing to do with impaired mobility on my part or the recees'.

It happened using Firefox.
I tried again using IE, and it worked as usual.
When I flipped back to Firefox and refreshed, the Recc was noted.

Just an oddity I guess. Must be hard making fora work nowadays with so many potential browsers.
The "Invalid thank" message comes I believe when a post that is already noted as having been thanked by you is thanked again. Normally this doesn't happen because the served page then only offers you a "Remove thank" button. If however a communication hiccup has occurred such that you are able to resend your thank, you then get this message.

Chris

Return to “Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe”