Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Blatter,genou,88V8,kiloran,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Posting a screenshot

For questions or input on how the site works or improvement you would like to see.
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Posting a screenshot

Postby Clitheroekid » May 4th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Not sure if this should be on DAK, but my question is how can I post a screenshot?

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Posting a screenshot

Postby csearle » May 4th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:Not sure if this should be on DAK, but my question is how can I post a screenshot?
You have to find a site to host it, then use a link to that site. Suggestions will doubtless follow. C.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » May 4th, 2021, 7:20 pm

What I do is to save the screenshot as a file onto my desktop computer then open up a free ftp client (Filezilla) and use that to copy the file into a public part of a domain I own (just for consistency of email address across internet service provider changes) then generate a URL to that file and post it here. C.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 4th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:
Not sure if this should be on DAK, but my question is how can I post a screenshot?

Hi CK,

I wrote a set of (hopefully!) simple instructions here -

Posting images, or links to images, via the Imgur hosting site - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11255

Have a read of that and please just ask if anything isn't clear...

Don't forget that we've got a 'Test Board' available, that gets regularly flushed and cleaned out, so you can have a risk-free play to check your image-posting process is working OK before you post 'properly' in the intended destination board -

'Testing 123' Board - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=28

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » May 8th, 2021, 8:47 pm

csearle wrote:What I do is to save the screenshot as a file onto my desktop computer then open up a free ftp client (Filezilla) and use that to copy the file into a public part of a domain I own (just for consistency of email address across internet service provider changes) then generate a URL to that file and post it here. C.

Great tip thanks.

Return to “Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe”