Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Alphabetical order and using advance search etc

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Alphabetical order and using advance search etc

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2018, 2:22 pm

If I were to use advance search search.php?keywords=, keying in my username under Search for author but with no keywords above, I'm then given a complete list of LMF boards, in Forum order.

The problem to me is the individual boards appear to be in a random order. Ctrl F doesn't appear to work on the list, so one has to scroll down.

Not a major problem I know and I've mentioned it before but is there a reason why the individual boards are not, on the whole, listed alphabetically?

It is not as if they are listed in most active order or similar, although I can see the order in Biscuit Bar is sensible as is. Similarly, as is having Other Investing at the foot of Investors' Roundtable but if you look there viewforum.php?f=5 the ordering does appear to be mainly random.

Prior mention of this below:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6&p=6231&hilit=alphabetical#p6231

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1706&p=16064&hilit=alphabetical#p16064 where stooz said They can be in any order.

The problem is, I think they are. ;)

Any views?

PD

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Alphabetical order and using advance search etc

Postby csearle » April 17th, 2018, 5:02 pm

Strange, I don't. I get a list of my posts in reverse chronological order. Or am I doing something different. I'm bunging my name in the author input box and hitting Search?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2018, 5:47 pm

csearle wrote:Strange, I don't. I get a list of my posts in reverse chronological order. Or am I doing something different. I'm bunging my name in the author input box and hitting Search?

Yes, that's what happens when you do that but I was also being board specific and using one of those from Search in forums.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » April 17th, 2018, 6:09 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
csearle wrote:Strange, I don't. I get a list of my posts in reverse chronological order. Or am I doing something different. I'm bunging my name in the author input box and hitting Search?

Yes, that's what happens when you do that but I was also being board specific and using one of those from Search in forums.
I've just decided I'm too stupid to help you. As well as the author I've tried to select a board, which were listed in the only sensible order. This produced a list of my posts in that board as I might have hoped for. I love you dearly but your issue is way above my head to resolve.

Chris

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2018, 6:35 pm

csearle wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:

I've just decided I'm too stupid to help you. As well as the author I've tried to select a board, which were listed in the only sensible order. This produced a list of my posts in that board as I might have hoped for. I love you dearly but your issue is way above my head to resolve.

Chris

Thank you for your interest but if you look again at search.php?keywords= (no need to enter any search terms or your username), you'll see the boards listed in Home page order. My point is that order, albeit accurate, is not alphabetical.

Maybe pettiffogging comes to mind, again. ;)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » April 17th, 2018, 6:53 pm

PinkDalek wrote:...
Oh I finally see! What I'm going to say to you dear friend is this: if your keyboard were to suddenly change from QWERTY to ABCDE where would you be? Where would we all be? I put it to you stuffed. C.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2018, 7:00 pm

My keyboard is ABCDE etc but in the wrong order.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”