Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Index and, er, Socks

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
csearle
Lemon Quarter

Index and, er, Socks

Postby csearle » July 2nd, 2018, 6:30 pm

What a wonderful resource this site truly is, and will remain - subject to the search engine of course. Just been astounded by the discussion about socks on DAK. Tucked that one away!

Actually I'm thinking that in an ideal world there would be a facility for the members of this community to create index entries to especially useful pages. So, for example, I would be able to create (or add to) the "socks" entry a link to the aforementioned discussion..

Chris

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Index and, er, Socks

Postby PinkDalek » July 2nd, 2018, 6:44 pm

I don't use ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks but (for those that use it rarely) is that not a solution of sorts?

Edit: Reading what you've written again, are you saying you want an index that all can add to? If so, I can't see how that would be useFool, as everyone is likely to want to index different Topics and the place would become unmanageable.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Index and, er, Socks

Postby csearle » July 2nd, 2018, 9:00 pm

Hello dear metallic friend. In a lucid moment of what I'd imagined to be brilliance in its purest form I'd imagined a LF page full of keywords, an index, to which all respected Fools could add. Each word would be a link to a list of threads that were considered the best of the best regarding that particular key word.

One's own bookmarks is more private than I was imagining.

I suppose the addition of an index entry could be subject to the approval of a moderator if abuse were rife. But it would mean that if someone sought information on the best socks for summer in year 2050 then they would quickly find it. :)

Chris

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”