Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Have I upset a mod?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Secondreg

Have I upset a mod?

Postby Secondreg » August 15th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Hello all.

I posted for many years on MF as Outandup100.

Signed up with LF with same handle and made maybe 5 or 6 posts.

Tried to post again last week, but kept getting message that my user name (Outandup100) is inactive??

No way of sending a message to LF to find out why, so had to re-register to try to find out what the problem is.

If I am persona non grata, just tell me and I will go away.

Enough said?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Have I upset a mod?

Postby redsturgeon » August 15th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Secondreg wrote:Hello all.

Tried to post again last week, but kept getting message that my user name (Outandup100) is inactive??

No way of sending a message to LF to find out why, so had to re-register to try to find out what the problem is.

Enough said?

Looking through the logs I can see you are not banned. I don't know why you cannot log in as Outandup100 but it may be that your account is automatically inactivated after a certain amount of time not visiting the site.

I guess stooz would be able to answer.

John

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 15th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Secondreg wrote:No way of sending a message to LF to find out why, so had to re-register to try to find out what the problem is.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and, yes, the problem then is that you cannot send a message to anyone either.

I sent an email to Stooz. I had his email address because it was in the automatic welcome that you get when you sign up. He was gracious enough to reply with the suggestion that it might be some uncleared cookies. Turned out it was some weird IP-specific problem because, as soon as I swapped out that IP, it worked fine again.

Not that I am suggesting that Lemons should bombard Stooz with emails. Only that I had the same fear - that I had been banned with no notification, which surely should not happen?

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » August 15th, 2018, 8:34 pm

There would normally be warnings before a ban and a first ban would usually only be for a couple of weeks, plus usually a message saying there has been a ban (I *think* the admin will copy that to an actual email, not sure). That's not say I guess that it's never going to happen that someone gets banned with no notice.

Obviously we ban spammers all the time.

Earlier a few people did have some log in problems and if the OP hasn't logged in for a while it might be a throwback to those.

Mel

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » August 15th, 2018, 8:46 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
Secondreg wrote:Hello all.

Enough said?

Looking through the logs I can see you are not banned. I don't know why you cannot log in as Outandup100 but it may be that your account is automatically inactivated after a certain amount of time not visiting the site.

I guess stooz would be able to answer.

John

Looking at Outandup100's profile, it says "user is inactive: Profile details changed" where it normally has "Rank: Lemon Pip" or similar.

Definitely looks like one for the admins...

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 15th, 2018, 9:07 pm

No such rules in place - for some unexplained and untraceable reason the account has been inactivated. this isnt banned or shutdown - just marked not using the site and stopped from logging in without request.

It was probably me. I was clearing out a swathe of spam accounts - so I can only apologise. It may be some automated tools that do check for rapid repeat attempts to login to accounts suggesting an attempted hack of your password by an automated robot. (true, not sarcasm -they exist)

I have activated and hope everything is ok.

beeswax
Lemon Quarter

Postby beeswax » August 16th, 2018, 12:02 am

Why do people 'spam'? What's in it for them and especially if they know it will lead to a ban etc?

Do they get a kick out of disruption and flooding sites with one message?

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » August 16th, 2018, 12:05 am

Usually to try to get links on that lead to hacking software if you click on them.

It's not 'people', it's automated systems, or robots.

Mel

Outandup100

Postby Outandup100 » August 17th, 2018, 7:11 pm

stooz wrote:No such rules in place - for some unexplained and untraceable reason the account has been inactivated. this isnt banned or shutdown - just marked not using the site and stopped from logging in without request.

It was probably me. I was clearing out a swathe of spam accounts - so I can only apologise. It may be some automated tools that do check for rapid repeat attempts to login to accounts suggesting an attempted hack of your password by an automated robot. (true, not sarcasm -they exist)

I have activated and hope everything is ok.

Thanks stooz,

and all responders.

I confirm all OK again

Outandup100

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”