Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Over moderated...Again!

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Over moderated...Again!

Postby Itsallaguess » August 24th, 2018, 3:01 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
jackdaww wrote:
yes , i know i can post there , but will it be read ?

I read both fwiiw.

I'm sure the suggestion has been made many a time but one can always cross-post to a post at High Yield Shares & Strategies - general, such that the High Yield Portfolios (HYP) - Practical users can see it exists.

I dare say that most HYP Practical readers will read both boards - and any of the more Doris-like creatures will read neither of them.

In fact, I've posted a new poll to try to find out if this is the case-

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13327

I'll post a cross-link onto HYP Practical, and see how we get on.

By the way - I agree entirely with PD on this, and High Yield Shares and Strategies would be the most appropriate place for discussions regarding any issues people might have with the HYP Practical approach, with perhaps a cross-post on HYP Practical to make readers of the Practical board aware of any such threads.

Anyone complaining that they 'can't save the children' because they're not allowed to post warning-shots directly onto HYP Practical hasn't been paying attention, I don't think...

I wouldn't expect there to be a 'Warning Will Robinson!' type of post every single day, mind.....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » August 24th, 2018, 7:09 pm

jackdaww wrote:
yes , i know i can post there, but will it be read ?

A list of shares you do not own? Sure it will be read. Why not post it on the "High Yield Shares & Strategies - General" board and find out

Ian

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » August 24th, 2018, 8:15 pm

IanTHughes wrote:
jackdaww wrote:
yes , i know i can post there, but will it be read ?

A list of shares you do not own? Sure it will be read. Why not post it on the "High Yield Shares & Strategies - General" board and find out

Ian

Comments about why you do not own certain shares would be relevant on the strategies board. Just saying that you do not hold them is rather pointless. I don't hold over 300 of the shares in the FTSE350, but saying so adds nothing to the discussion.

TJH

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 24th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Ashfordian wrote:… If so, that is truly shocking behaviour from those who must not be criticised

In what way have they not been criticised, both in your post and throughout this entire Topic (which I'm sure you would have read in full)?

In many other places across the internet such threads would not be permitted. I find it refreshing that Mods engage on such matters.

At least beeswax has had the courtesy to accept he overstepped the mark, which you would have seen when you read the entirety.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » August 24th, 2018, 8:55 pm

Thanks to those of you who have posted supportive comments towards the difficult job that the volunteer moderators do. It may be that the site owners or the Mods do not get every single decision right, but we do it to the best of our ability and in a sense of public-spiritedness that has kept the Fool community alive on a completely voluntary and self-supporting basis.

Given that the OP has had a short term ban to cool down, then I think the time has come to close this topic.

Thanks for your understanding.

Clariman
Co-owner of TLF

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”