Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Lost PM

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Lost PM

Postby Bouleversee » August 31st, 2018, 10:21 pm

Your site seems to have been up the creek earlier this evening. Long delays and a lost private message which had taken me a long time to compose but when I submitted it, a message popped up to say it was an invalid submission (whatever that means) and I should try again. However, in the meantime I had clicked on what I thought was a new private message, not noticing it said (and still does): Private messages (-1) which had already been read, and my outgoing message then disappeared into the ether. Very frustrating. How do I get rid of the (-1) and where is my outgoing message?

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Lost PM

Postby tjh290633 » August 31st, 2018, 11:02 pm

Same place as the post which I lost, Lorna. Vanished without trace.

TJH

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 1st, 2018, 9:43 am

Perhaps we should copy all posts before submitting and make certain they have been sent before moving on. Perhaps the (-1) refers to the one which has disappeared. :)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » September 1st, 2018, 5:52 pm

Bouleversee wrote:...
Sorry to here of your troubles, how frustrating. I hope it is only a temporary issue.

Some phones/browsers reinstate the submitted text when the "back" button is used. Maybe yours is one of these?

The only other hope is rather useless after the event, but that is to select-all-then-copy one's submission, especially if much time and effort he been invested in it.

Re your other issue, I hope you have been treated as well as a racehorse in the meantime!

Chris :)

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » September 1st, 2018, 6:55 pm

csearle wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:...
The only other hope is rather useless after the event, but that is to select-all-then-copy one's submission, especially if much time and effort he been invested in it.

Yes - CTRL-A, CTRL-C before clicking Preview or Submit is quick and a good habit to get into, as I've learnt from a number of lost posts (victims of the fact that mobile internet connections can be dodgy...). Unfortunately, I haven't yet acquired the habit quite well enough - every now and then, something goes wrong and I kick myself for having failed to remember that time...

Gengulphus

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”