Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Searching for all posts in last n days?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Searching for all posts in last n days?

Postby yorkshirelad1 » October 5th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Newbie question (so apols if it's been done before but couldn't find anything)
is there a way to search for all posts in last n days?
I can see "New posts" in the menu, but that has loads, I'm looking for something where I can see what's been posted in the last n days (to do a bit of a catch up etc)
TIA

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Searching for all posts in last n days?

Postby Clariman » October 5th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Hi Yorkshirelad1

Welcome to Lemon Fool. I hope you enjoy the site and find it useful.

In answer to your question, I cannot find a way to do exactly what you are asking. However, I have a couple of suggestions which might help if you haven't already spotted them. Firstly, the advanced search (cog wheel icon at top right) lets you specify a time period such as 2 weeks but it still insists on a search term. So if there is a topic you are interested in, you can search it by keyword and specify a time frame.

Secondly, the icon in front of each board changes based on the following - it is red when there are topics you have not read and dark blue when you have read all topics. When you open each board, then a similar thing happens. Topics that you have fully read are blue. Topics where you have not read all the posts are red and have a little orange box to the left of the subject.

You might find that some of our users come along and show you can do exactly what you want. Sometimes they know more than us Admins.

Clariman
(Co-owner of Lemon Fool)

vandefrosty
Lemon Pip

Postby vandefrosty » October 5th, 2018, 3:27 pm

"Active Topics" in the menu will do the trick. There is a dropdown to select the time range at the bottom of that window. 7 days seems to be the default.

An issue might be that this list presents Topics (ie the threaded discussion), most recent first, rather than individual posts - which is what you asked for.

But I find it's a great way to see what new stuff that folks are posting about across all boards, and to follow specific discussions I am interested in.

Greg

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » October 10th, 2018, 10:42 am

Many thanks for both replies. V. helpful. The Active Topics theme hits the spot!

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”