Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Moving posts unread bug

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Moving posts unread bug

Postby mc2fool » December 6th, 2018, 3:58 pm

I've noticed before that when posts get moved at least some that I've already read get flagged as unread.

Most recently and most noticeably in case is the "Moderators fiddling" thread which got moved from the Biscuit Bar to Room 101 a couple of hours ago.

Prior to it being moved I had read up to and including post #185077 by Gengulphus at 12:49 pm. There has, at time of writing, been one post since (#185085 by chas49) but now the whole thread, i.e. every single post in the thread, shows as unread.

As I say, I've noticed this behaviour before and was wondering if it's a known bug in phpBB and if there's a patch, or if it's do to with the way moderators move posts (is there more than one way anyway?) and if it can be avoided so that what has been read doesn't reappear as unread.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Moving posts unread bug

Postby redsturgeon » December 6th, 2018, 4:39 pm

As the person who moved it, all I can say is that it was moved in the standard way and I don't believe there is another way to move a whole thread to a different board. Individual posts can also be moved and threads can also be merged or split though.

John

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”