Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

How and where to raise questions about moderation

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

How and where to raise questions about moderation

Postby Clariman » January 13th, 2019, 10:52 am

From time to time users have questions and concerns about moderation. This revised post clarifies how and where you can raise moderation questions. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13514

In particular, (a) moderation is not to be discussed on the Biscuit Bar (no change there) and (b) Room 101 is not to be used for General Moderation Discussions (no change there either, but clarification is clearly needed on that)

Thanks
Clariman

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: How and where to raise questions about moderation

Postby Gengulphus » January 13th, 2019, 2:12 pm

From time to time changes to the board structure (adding boards, merging boards, etc) come up here. IMHO whether a proposed change will increase or decrease moderator workload is highly relevant to discussing such changes, to the extent that if such general moderation issues cannot be discussed, the discussion will be seriously distorted.

So I'm sorry, but I will not contribute to discussions of any such changes while the blanket prohibition on discussing general moderation issues remains in place.

Gengulphus

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: How and where to raise questions about moderation

Postby Clariman » January 13th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Gengulphus wrote:From time to time changes to the board structure (adding boards, merging boards, etc) come up here. IMHO whether a proposed change will increase or decrease moderator workload is highly relevant to discussing such changes, to the extent that if such general moderation issues cannot be discussed, the discussion will be seriously distorted.

So I'm sorry, but I will not contribute to discussions of any such changes while the blanket prohibition on discussing general moderation issues remains in place.

Gengulphus

Hi Gengulphus.

You have misunderstood the revised guidelines. They make a distinction between discussing "moderstion" and discussing the "scope" (and structure) of boards. The scope of boards can be discussed in two places ...

Discussion on the scope of an individual board
If you have a sensible question or suggestion about the scope of an individual board, then you can open a discussion about it on the board in question (provided the board-specific rules allow for such discussion*) or you can post about it in the Biscuit Bar.Discussing it on the individual board will allow you to discuss it amongst fellow users of that board and is a good way of trying to achieve a consensus. However, if the discussion is becoming a distraction from the board's day to day use, then a Moderator may move the discussion to the Biscuit Bar. If the discussion becomes impolite or off-topic it will be locked by a moderator.*for the avoidance of doubt, no scope discussion is permitted on HYP-Practical. That may only be discussed on the Biscuit Bar

Moderator workload would be relevant to such a discussion. I hope that makes sense as your contributions are always welcome .

Clariman

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”