Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

Pull up a chair, have a biscuit - discuss the site and general questions about the LemonFool
2boi
Posts: 3
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 2:45 am

fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201398

Postby 2boi » February 14th, 2019, 6:14 pm

Mark Tabar's PIBS site fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk now seems to re-direct here, what is going on?

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201421

Postby melonfool » February 14th, 2019, 8:16 pm

It does indeed - I doubt TLF knows what has happened maybe someone should speak to Mark?

Mel

csearle
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1860
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 2:24 pm
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 431 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201423

Postby csearle » February 14th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Very odd.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1637
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201467

Postby GoSeigen » February 15th, 2019, 12:53 am

2boi wrote:Mark Tabar's PIBS site fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk now seems to re-direct here, what is going on?


I imagine it's something to do with loglorry. He hasn't bothered to update the site's encryption certificates for quite some time. Guessing he and Clariman perhaps did some sort of deal on hosting...


GS

stooz
Site Admin
Posts: 718
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201799

Postby stooz » February 16th, 2019, 3:59 pm

It's news to me.

stooz
Site Admin
Posts: 718
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201800

Postby stooz » February 16th, 2019, 4:00 pm

I don't mind hosting the site of you want to get in touch Mark

Clariman
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1117
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:17 am
Has thanked: 650 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201812

Postby Clariman » February 16th, 2019, 6:09 pm

GoSeigen wrote:
2boi wrote:Mark Tabar's PIBS site fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk now seems to re-direct here, what is going on?


I imagine it's something to do with loglorry. He hasn't bothered to update the site's encryption certificates for quite some time. Guessing he and Clariman perhaps did some sort of deal on hosting...


GS

Not guilty. It's news to me too

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1884
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201824

Postby johnhemming » February 16th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Looks like it is pointing at a redirection. The DNS points to 95.142.152.194, but I don't know whether that is Mark's server or something else.


Request URL: http://fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk/
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 301 Moved Permanently (from disk cache)
Remote Address: 185.119.173.30:80
Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade
Content-Length: 253
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 19:19:27 GMT
Location: viewforum.php?f=6
Server: Apache
Provisional headers are shown
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.109 Safari/537.36

WHOIS results

Domain name:
fixedincomeinvestments.org.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 15-Jun-2016

Registrar:
123-Reg Limited t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 07-Oct-2009
Expiry date: 07-Oct-2019
Last updated: 30-Sep-2017

It is not someone else getting the domain.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1637
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201845

Postby GoSeigen » February 16th, 2019, 10:27 pm

Hmm as stooz and clariman deny all knowledge my guess is Mark has thrown in the towel with his site and charirably directed traffic to LemonFool...

GS

Wizard
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2502
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 8:22 am
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201860

Postby Wizard » February 16th, 2019, 11:40 pm

That would be a real shame, when the Aviva 'situation' blew up there was a lot of useful discussion on it going through the terms of many other preference shares. It would be unfortunate if that was all lost now. If Mark has given up it would be really helpful if the content could be archived in an accessible place.

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201977

Postby melonfool » February 17th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Wizard wrote:That would be a real shame, when the Aviva 'situation' blew up there was a lot of useful discussion on it going through the terms of many other preference shares. It would be unfortunate if that was all lost now. If Mark has given up it would be really helpful if the content could be archived in an accessible place.



It seems to me that you should be approaching Mark about this, not TLF.

Here's his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/marktaber_fii?lang=en

Mel

Wizard
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2502
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 8:22 am
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201986

Postby Wizard » February 17th, 2019, 10:21 pm

melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:That would be a real shame, when the Aviva 'situation' blew up there was a lot of useful discussion on it going through the terms of many other preference shares. It would be unfortunate if that was all lost now. If Mark has given up it would be really helpful if the content could be archived in an accessible place.



It seems to me that you should be approaching Mark about this, not TLF.

Here's his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/marktaber_fii?lang=en

Mel

I do not 'do' twitter and without his site being up I do not know where to look for his email. On reflection my primary thoight is I hope everything is OK with Mark.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2502
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 8:22 am
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201987

Postby Wizard » February 17th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Wizard wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:That would be a real shame, when the Aviva 'situation' blew up there was a lot of useful discussion on it going through the terms of many other preference shares. It would be unfortunate if that was all lost now. If Mark has given up it would be really helpful if the content could be archived in an accessible place.



It seems to me that you should be approaching Mark about this, not TLF.

Here's his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/marktaber_fii?lang=en

Mel

I do not 'do' twitter and without his site being up I do not know where to look for his email. On reflection my primary thoight is I hope everything is OK with Mark.

Google searches still show excerpts from his site in the couple of lines they provide, so I managed to get an email for him from that. But it was at the fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk domain, so no idea if he will ever see it.

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201989

Postby melonfool » February 17th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Wizard wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:That would be a real shame, when the Aviva 'situation' blew up there was a lot of useful discussion on it going through the terms of many other preference shares. It would be unfortunate if that was all lost now. If Mark has given up it would be really helpful if the content could be archived in an accessible place.



It seems to me that you should be approaching Mark about this, not TLF.

Here's his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/marktaber_fii?lang=en

Mel

I do not 'do' twitter and without his site being up I do not know where to look for his email. On reflection my primary thoight is I hope everything is OK with Mark.


Well, it was just a suggestion, there's no need to be snarky. Twitter isn't exactly hard to 'do', if you cared so much I'm sure you could figure it out.

Mel

Wizard
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2502
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 8:22 am
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201991

Postby Wizard » February 17th, 2019, 10:36 pm

melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:
melonfool wrote:

It seems to me that you should be approaching Mark about this, not TLF.

Here's his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/marktaber_fii?lang=en

Mel

I do not 'do' twitter and without his site being up I do not know where to look for his email. On reflection my primary thoight is I hope everything is OK with Mark.


Well, it was just a suggestion, there's no need to be snarky. Twitter isn't exactly hard to 'do', if you cared so much I'm sure you could figure it out.

Mel

I was not being 'snarky', it is just a fact that I do not use twitter. If you bothered to read my second reply you may not have lashed out. I'll await the apology to follow...

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201994

Postby melonfool » February 18th, 2019, 12:21 am

Wizard wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:I do not 'do' twitter and without his site being up I do not know where to look for his email. On reflection my primary thoight is I hope everything is OK with Mark.


Well, it was just a suggestion, there's no need to be snarky. Twitter isn't exactly hard to 'do', if you cared so much I'm sure you could figure it out.

Mel

I was not being 'snarky', it is just a fact that I do not use twitter. If you bothered to read my second reply you may not have lashed out. I'll await the apology to follow...


I did bother to read your second reply actually. Can't see that it's relevant. Your use of inverted commas makes your posts come across as rude.

I'll await your apology.

Mel

Wizard
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2502
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 8:22 am
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#201997

Postby Wizard » February 18th, 2019, 12:53 am

melonfool wrote:
Wizard wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Well, it was just a suggestion, there's no need to be snarky. Twitter isn't exactly hard to 'do', if you cared so much I'm sure you could figure it out.

Mel

I was not being 'snarky', it is just a fact that I do not use twitter. If you bothered to read my second reply you may not have lashed out. I'll await the apology to follow...


I did bother to read your second reply actually. Can't see that it's relevant. Your use of inverted commas makes your posts come across as rude.

I'll await your apology.

Mel

No, I simply did not know what the correct adjective was as I am not signed up to Twitter. I suspect you know you are in the wrong for jumping to the conclusion I was being rude just because I used inverted commas, a bit embarrassed and therefore unable to bring yourself to admit it. At the end of the day it won't change my life either way, but it reflects poorly on you. Still, little value in arguing it further. But I suspect you will insist on the last word, so reply away, I will not lower myself to respond again.

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#202078

Postby melonfool » February 18th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Wizard wrote:
No, I simply did not know what the correct adjective was as I am not signed up to Twitter. I suspect you know you are in the wrong for jumping to the conclusion I was being rude just because I used inverted commas, a bit embarrassed and therefore unable to bring yourself to admit it. At the end of the day it won't change my life either way, but it reflects poorly on you. Still, little value in arguing it further. But I suspect you will insist on the last word, so reply away, I will not lower myself to respond again.


Gaslighting, passive-aggressive - yeah, reflects badly on ME?

Lol!

Mel

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1637
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#202179

Postby GoSeigen » February 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm

melonfool wrote:
Gaslighting, passive-aggressive - yeah, reflects badly on ME?

Lol!

Mel


Mel, you're not the first Lemon Fool who's been subjected to this by the same user...

GS

melonfool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2883
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:18 am
Has thanked: 1212 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: fixedincomeinvestments.co.uk

#202187

Postby melonfool » February 18th, 2019, 8:23 pm

GoSeigen wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Gaslighting, passive-aggressive - yeah, reflects badly on ME?

Lol!

Mel


Mel, you're not the first Lemon Fool who's been subjected to this by the same user...

GS


:)

I know.

Mel


Return to “Biscuit Bar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest