Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Terms of Reference?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Terms of Reference?

Postby Wizard » November 7th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, since registering this morning I have been trying to read as much on here as possible but there is a lot already - a mark of the great launch of the LemonFool!

When going through the thread on what boards people wanted I saw there was a request for one on early retirement, which later was acknowledged as being in place. But when I go to the Retirement Investing I see that discussion seems to be heading ithe direction of how to invest to improve your retirement. I had assumed this would be a board about investing once you have retired, or indeed maybe a wider range of subjects for the early retired.

It struck me that without any sort of guidance as to what is anticipated to be co reed on each board they may head in unexpected directions due to early posts. This may be seen as positive as it could be viewed as showing what people want to talk about, but it could also mean there are gaps in coverage versus what was intended and boards simply become 'owned' by the first topic types raised on them.

I can only imagine how much work setting this up must have been (actually, to be honest I know so little about technology I probably can't :oops: ) so I don't want to suggest detailed Ts&Cs for each board. But maybe a post that stays at the top of the board that says something like "This is the place to discuss investment for your retirement" or "This is the place to discuss things that relate those who have retired early".

Just a thought.

Terry

wickham
Lemon Slice

Re: Terms of Reference?

Postby wickham » November 7th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Wizard wrote:... But maybe a post that stays at the top of the board that says something like "This is the place to discuss investment for your retirement" or "This is the place to discuss things that relate those who have retired early".

Just a thought.

Terry

There is a facility to add a description under any forum title which would do what you suggest, which has been done in a few cases on the Board Index page. It increases the height from one line to two and some administrators think it makes the page a bit crowded and less easy to read.

Or a sticky post can be added to the top of any forum's topic list.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » November 7th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Please feel free to make topic posts that do just that and I will stickie them and lock them for no replies

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Postby Stonge » November 10th, 2016, 9:56 am

Wizard

You could start a new topic/thread in the Retirement Investing Board called something like

"Retirement Investing when actually in retirement and not before"

I'm sure you can think of a better title :idea:

YoungBrummie

Postby YoungBrummie » November 11th, 2016, 12:28 am

Stonge wrote:Wizard

You could start a new topic/thread in the Retirement Investing Board called something like

"Retirement Investing when actually in retirement and not before"

Suggest 2 Boards 1) Investing for Retirement
versus 2) Investing in Retirement

YoungBrummie

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”