Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Pasting text on Android phones and tablets

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
swill453
Lemon Half

Pasting text on Android phones and tablets

Postby swill453 » May 18th, 2019, 6:13 am

This may be well known by most, but I didn't know it and I've been using Android for years so I'll post it here anyway.

Quite often I want to paste text into a post I'm composing on TLF. However the only way to do this that I knew of was to do a long press on the screen and select "paste" from the pop-up menu that appears.

My fat fingers, though, mean that it invariably takes half a dozen attempts to get it in exactly the right place. This is obviously important if you're trying to do it within the tags of one of the formatting options like italics, image, quote etc.

(I know you can do the paste first, then select it all, then select the formatting option, but that's almost as much faff.)

"Wouldn't it be good if there was a way to paste from the keyboard?" I though. And there is! Select the button to the far left of the top row (the row that gives you word suggestions). On my tablet it's a coloured Google 'G', on my phone it's a '>' symbol. Then you can press a clipboard symbol. It asks if you want to switch on the clipboard feature, and from then on it's straightforward.

FYI this is using the standard Google keyboard.

Like I said, I may be the last person to know about this but there's a chance it'll help someone.

Scott.

stooz
Site Admin

Re: Pasting text on Android phones and tablets

Postby stooz » May 31st, 2019, 9:00 pm

Oh dear god thats awesome.

Thanks I have found a new holy grail of usefulness.
My phone recently upgraded and now holding the finger down does a magnifying glass making it easier to get the right selection, but this changes the rules!!

thanks thanks thanks

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”