Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Red Stars?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
kodokan

Re: Red Stars?

Postby kodokan » November 6th, 2016, 10:06 pm

staffordian wrote:
NomoneyNohoney wrote:But I bet you've never tried to enlarge a photo in the newspaper by swiping it with two fingers!

Methinks I spend too long on my tablet...

Um... yep. Might also have caught myself on numerous occasions reading a magazine, and glancing to the top of the page to check the time.

TheRIT
2 Lemon pips

Postby TheRIT » November 6th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Meatyfool wrote:Do we get three little red stars for 500 posts?

Anyone want a race there?

I'll get me coat ...

And where is the Best of?

Meatyfool..

Not sure about red stars but at 50 posts you get yourself a crown and become King of posters. LOL...

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » November 6th, 2016, 11:02 pm

starter recs system in progress....

once the basics are working I can then look at longer term development work to improve it if possible..

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » November 7th, 2016, 10:41 am

stooz wrote:starter recs system in progress....once the basics are working I can then look at longer term development work to improve it if possible..

You must be in line for some sort of entry in the Guinness Book of Records.

V8

Paneurope

Postby Paneurope » November 9th, 2016, 3:42 pm

If I'd been away from the Board for a while, recs were useful to choose which posts were worth reading

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » November 13th, 2016, 10:23 am

Paneurope wrote:If I'd been away from the Board for a while, recs were useful to choose which posts were worth reading

Unfortunately, recs also encourage poor behaviour, so they're very much a double-edged sword. Highly rec'ed posts were just as often part of a personal slanging match than anything worth reading. I don't miss all the TMF paraphernalia (stars, hats, recs) and find it very refreshing to not have them. It's quite noticeable that thus far there have been very few problems on TLF compared to an average week on the TMF boards in the absence of recs. I always got the impression that getting recs was the sole reason some people posted.

All the best, Si

Grumpi
Lemon Pip

Postby Grumpi » November 14th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Unfortunately, recs also encourage poor behaviour, so they're very much a double-edged sword. Highly rec'ed posts were just as often part of a personal slanging match than anything worth reading. I don't miss all the TMF paraphernalia (stars, hats, recs) and find it very refreshing to not have them. It's quite noticeable that thus far there have been very few problems on TLF compared to an average week on the TMF boards in the absence of recs. I always got the impression that getting recs was the sole reason some people posted.

All the best, Si

I agree with the view you have posted here, Si, so I am using the quotes thingy to identify it then trying to type in the fact that I agree with it.
I am not used to using the quotes so I may not have got it right.
It would be nice to have an easy way of expressing my agreement with your view to others (without necessarily identifying myself), just a quick "hear, hear" so to speak, someway I could flag your post to recommend it to other readers,
Oh.

Fatrav
Lemon Pip

Postby Fatrav » November 17th, 2016, 12:13 am

NMNH
Someone said the other day about the brain it's not forgetting where your keys are that's a problem. It's forgetting what they are for. ;)

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”