Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Moderation

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
XFool
The full Lemon

Moderation

Postby XFool » November 12th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Previously my attitude to moderation on TLF was, in general, favourable: 'Firm but Fair' would seem to sum it up.

However, more recently, I seem to increasingly feel TLF moderation as becoming more 'discouraging'. Is it just me?

(I suspect this discussion will be found to be in 'the wrong place' - is there now a 'right place'? - and therefore 'moderated'...)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Moderation

Postby csearle » November 12th, 2019, 8:23 pm

XFool wrote:Previously my attitude to moderation on TLF was, in general, favourable: 'Firm but Fair' would seem to sum it up.

However, more recently, I seem to increasingly feel TLF moderation as becoming more 'discouraging'. Is it just me?

(I suspect this discussion will be found to be in 'the wrong place' - is there now a 'right place'? - and therefore 'moderated'...)
Hope this was nothing to do with me! Chris. :)

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » November 12th, 2019, 8:26 pm

I have been coming to a different conclusion.

I have observed how some very community minded folks responded to the closure of the other place by setting up a new site, getting volunteers to staff the moderation and so on.
This group have consulted widely on board composition, proposed rules of each board,, codified and published said rules.
Not everything as I would have it, but a fair attempt to build consensus on how to move forward.

I grant you that there does seem to have been a recent uptick in the level of procedural dispute.

My perception is that this is more due to some individuals being bloody minded on things not being as they want them/as they used to be etc, etc, and generally spoiling for an argument.
Sad really

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » November 12th, 2019, 8:38 pm

TUK020 wrote:I have been coming to a different conclusion.

I suppose we all have our own perceptions.

To explain further what I mean - It isn't even a matter of moderation of my own posts (rightly or wrongly I don't think I have had that many) rather it is the impression that so many threads seem to get rather abruptly knocked on the head, for one reason or another, so you can end up feeling "Why bother?" as a discussion may disappear or simply be terminated.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 12th, 2019, 9:31 pm

A number of threads (don't know what percentage) get locked for admin/housekeeping purposes - e.g.there is already a thread covering the particular topic

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » November 12th, 2019, 11:34 pm

Moderator Message:
There is no right place for general discussion of moderation.

Therefore this thread is locked.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”