Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Where's the Transportation board?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Where's the Transportation board?

Postby Clitheroekid » November 8th, 2016, 8:44 pm

I thought it was in the Travel Lounge, but it doesn't seem to be there. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

I feel quite sad now when I go back to TMF. Already it's beginning to look like a ghost town, with messages pinned on the walls telling absent residents where everyone's gone. You can still see a few former residents around, but they're all packing up, ready to move out.

It's a town that although as yet untouched is directly in the path of the invaders, and when they arrive in a few days' time we know they will systematically destroy all the places that have been so familiar to us over the past couple of decades; the places where we grew up together, where we laughed and loved and argued together, all soon to be smoking ruins.

We're all refugees looking back and knowing that although we may have much to look forward to we'll never be able to go `home' again.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

But as always, it's the spirit of a place that matters, not the infrastructure, and thanks to clariman and stooz that spirit has been saved. If they aren't both in the New Year Honours List it will be a national scandal!

I really wanted to sign off with a picture of Moses leading his people to the Promised Land, but unfortunately (or perhaps not) [img] is OFF!

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Where's the Transportation board?

Postby Clariman » November 8th, 2016, 10:24 pm

It is now in the Transport Lounge with a better name than Transportation- thanks to everyone's comments and Stooz's action. Thanks for your kind comments CK.

wickham
Lemon Slice

Re: Where's the Transportation board?

Postby wickham » November 9th, 2016, 6:37 am

I'm glad the "Transportation" word has gone. It's one of those latin-derived words that officials tend to use (like proceed instead of go) instead of much shorter Celtic, anglo-saxon or viking words that most of us use in everyday speech.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”