Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

FAO Stooz: [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning ...

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
mc2fool
Lemon Half

FAO Stooz: [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning ...

Postby mc2fool » October 15th, 2022, 12:37 pm

When the post viewtopic.php?p=537622#p537622 or a quoted reply (i.e. one including the post) is previewed it previews OK but I get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 1023: strpos(): Empty needle

at the very top of the page. It's almost certainly to do with the img tag in it, and fair chance it's a core phpBB bug that stooz can't do anything about, but I thought I'd raise it anyway.

As I say, the message can be reproduced by doing a Reply with quote of the post and then Previewing it (at least, it can for me, using either Firefox or Chrome...)

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Re: FAO Stooz: [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning ...

Postby BullDog » October 15th, 2022, 1:29 pm

Yes, I see it as well. Likely an issue in the core php script but it could be an issue related to a customisation of the core code too.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 16th, 2022, 7:51 am

mc2fool wrote:As I say, the message can be reproduced by doing a Reply with quote of the post and then Previewing it (at least, it can for me, using either Firefox or Chrome...)
Oddly, for me I can reply (using the quote button) and preview that post, within Chrome, without any problem or error message at all. The graph appears in the preview. Maybe I am not doing what you are suggesting though. C.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » October 16th, 2022, 7:57 am

No such problem using Firefox on iPad.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 16th, 2022, 8:01 am

csearle wrote:
mc2fool wrote:
As I say, the message can be reproduced by doing a Reply with quote of the post and then Previewing it (at least, it can for me, using either Firefox or Chrome...)

Oddly, for me I can reply (using the quote button) and preview that post, within Chrome, without any problem or error message at all.

The graph appears in the preview.

Maybe I am not doing what you are suggesting though.

If you reply to the linked post (https://tinyurl.com/2ocvaxo9), and then preview the reply in Chrome, do you not see the error highlighted below at the top of the page Chris, as the snapshot below has been taken from a quick test in Chrome for me -

I suspect the underlying issue is down to the fact that the image being linked and used within the IMG tags isn't really a direct 'image', but is a dynamic image being generated by ADVFN's charting software, as we can see if we look at the URL for the 'image' being used within those IMG tags -

http://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=legacydaily&epic=SPI%5ESP500&period=12&date1_year=&date1_month=&date1_day=&date2_year=&date2_month=&date2_day=&type=1&scheme=0&size=2

It looks like the board software might be able to handle such 'dynamic image' links within IMG tags in 'original posts' in a way that it then struggles when trying to embed those links within replies to those original posts...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess
Last edited by Itsallaguess on October 16th, 2022, 8:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hypster
Lemon Slice

Postby Hypster » October 16th, 2022, 8:02 am

GrahamPlatt wrote:No such problem using Firefox on iPad.

All okay in Safari too.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » October 16th, 2022, 8:39 am

BullDog wrote:Yes, I see it as well. Likely an issue in the core php script but it could be an issue related to a customisation of the core code too.

FWIW, I see it using Firefox on Android. The php script is executed by the server, so the error should be platform agnostic.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » October 16th, 2022, 9:31 am

csearle wrote:
mc2fool wrote:As I say, the message can be reproduced by doing a Reply with quote of the post and then Previewing it (at least, it can for me, using either Firefox or Chrome...)
Oddly, for me I can reply (using the quote button) and preview that post, within Chrome, without any problem or error message at all. The graph appears in the preview. Maybe I am not doing what you are suggesting though. C.

The graph always appears without problem, there's just the message at the very top of the page, as IAAG highlights, when previewing.

Itsallaguess wrote:It looks like the board software might be able to handle such 'dynamic image' links within IMG tags in 'original posts' in a way that it then struggles when trying to embed those links within replies to those original posts...

No, it's not to do with replies, it happened with my OP. What's additionally curious is that the message appears at Preview but not at Submit.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » October 16th, 2022, 10:22 am

GrahamPlatt wrote:No such problem using Firefox on iPad.

Ah, wrong. I do see it now… needed to scroll up.

And I also see it if I use Safari.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”