Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Just an observation

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
XFool
The full Lemon

Just an observation

Postby XFool » May 11th, 2023, 10:02 am

Keeping things 'polite' is all very well. But...

This is now the very first* post in the "More Brexit Stuff" thread on the Current Affirs & News board.

Lootman wrote:
hiriskpaul wrote: The Workers having the upper hand would have been totally anathema to those on the right.

"The Workers" (especially if capitalised like that) is rather a dated term, reflecting Marxist class warfare rhetoric...

I find this seemingly an increasingly common feature on TLF threads.

* Perhaps it was the original first post. I don't know, do you? Isn't this the issue?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Just an observation

Postby Lootman » May 11th, 2023, 10:08 am

XFool wrote:Keeping things 'polite' is all very well. But...

This is now the very first* post in the "More Brexit Stuff" thread on the Current Affirs & News board.

Lootman wrote:"The Workers" (especially if capitalised like that) is rather a dated term, reflecting Marxist class warfare rhetoric. It always amuses me when Labour refers to "The Workers" as if they are a homogeneous group which only Labour stands for....

I find this seemingly an increasingly common feature on TLF threads.
* Perhaps it was the original first post. I don't know, do you? Isn't this the issue?

Not sure what your point is but as I recall that post was only the top post of a topic because it had been split off from another pre-existing topic. So when written it was not intended as a top post nor as a new topic, and should be viewed in that context. Presumably Paul's post that I was replying to remained in the other topic.

In fact I would be highly unlikely to start a new topic on such an already over-saturated, tired and dated subject as Brexit.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 11th, 2023, 10:28 am

...OK. Thanks.

I did think that might be the case in this instance. Though I still reckon I sometimes see this in other TLF threads. Unless I am imagining things. :)

It came about due to my being prompted by the proposal on said thread to 'tidy' the thread up...

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » May 12th, 2023, 10:25 am

Thanks. I'm pretty certain this would only happen if a thread/topic was split.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”