Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Emailed notifications broken

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Emailed notifications broken

Postby mc2fool » August 22nd, 2023, 2:15 pm

I have the notification option "Someone quotes you in a post" turned on for both emailing me and showing in Notifications but even though I've been quoted nine times since then, the last emailed notification I received was for a reply to one of my posts at August 20th, 2023, 11:11 am (the email arrived immediately).

I think it's fair assume that the recent site changes have broken emailed notifications (or are others still getting them?)

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Emailed notifications broken

Postby didds » August 22nd, 2023, 4:46 pm

or they now send the emails with different headers/subjects and they are being spammed/ju nked out - into the mail provision junk/spam folder which may not be what you see if you use a local client ie the junk never even gets sent to your client for the client to then decide on its own separate set of junk rules etc.

check any webmail provision.

didds

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 22nd, 2023, 4:57 pm

didds wrote:or they now send the emails with different headers/subjects and they are being spammed/ju nked out - into the mail provision junk/spam folder which may not be what you see if you use a local client ie the junk never even gets sent to your client for the client to then decide on its own separate set of junk rules etc.

check any webmail provision.

didds

Nope. There's no spam or junk mail checking on anything sent to the dedicated address I use for Lemon Fool and the cPanel Delivery Reports on my domain show that, if they are being sent out from TLF at all, they're not getting as far as my receiving server.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 23rd, 2023, 10:39 am

mc2fool wrote:I think it's fair assume that the recent site changes have broken emailed notifications (or are others still getting them?)

I take it from the lack of replies to the contrary, that nobody is getting any emailed notifications from TLF any more..?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 23rd, 2023, 10:45 am

mc2fool wrote:
mc2fool wrote:I think it's fair assume that the recent site changes have broken emailed notifications (or are others still getting them?)

I take it from the lack of replies to the contrary, that nobody is getting any emailed notifications from TLF any more..?

Or that most Lemons do not have that feature switched on, which is the case for me, so I never got any notifications before either!

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 23rd, 2023, 10:49 am

Lootman wrote:
mc2fool wrote:I take it from the lack of replies to the contrary, that nobody is getting any emailed notifications from TLF any more..?

Or that most Lemons do not have that feature switched on, which is the case for me, so I never got any notifications before either!

That the question referred to those that did get them before was implicit from the "any more"... ;)

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 23rd, 2023, 10:53 am

mc2fool wrote:
Lootman wrote:Or that most Lemons do not have that feature switched on, which is the case for me, so I never got any notifications before either!

That the question referred to those that did get them before was implicit from the "any more"... ;)

Yes I know but the size of that constituency may be very small, hence the lack of replies that you have noticed.

Personally I would not like to get dozens of emails telling me that someone on TLF has replied to me, and I suspect that many feel the same way. The TLF notifications at the top of the screen are perfectly sufficient for my purposes.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » August 23rd, 2023, 11:48 am

mc2fool wrote:
Lootman wrote:Or that most Lemons do not have that feature switched on, which is the case for me, so I never got any notifications before either!

I am one of those who was getting emailed notifications, but am not any more.

Watis

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 3rd, 2023, 12:48 pm

I am no longer getting them either. I have been too busy to pursue and may have missed lots of items of interest.

Bouleversee

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » September 3rd, 2023, 12:55 pm

mc2fool wrote:I have the notification option "Someone quotes you in a post" turned on for both emailing me and showing in Notifications but even though I've been quoted nine times since then, the last emailed notification I received was for a reply to one of my posts at August 20th, 2023, 11:11 am (the email arrived immediately).

I think it's fair assume that the recent site changes have broken emailed notifications (or are others still getting them?)

A bump just in case this has fallen through the cracks. ;)

I assume that, like the last two times this happened (viewtopic.php?p=246129#p246129 & viewtopic.php?p=354789#p354789), the issue is a general problem emailing out from the site and affects not only the various notification options but also the activation emails that get sent to new signups to verify their email address and activate their account on registration.

Indeed, there haven't been any new members since 9am on August 20th ... memberlist.php?mode=&sk=c&sd=d#memberlist

[Edit: thank you Bouleversee ;)]

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”