Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Private Messaging Quota Reached at LemonFool

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Private Messaging Quota Reached at LemonFool

Postby PinkDalek » March 21st, 2017, 12:40 pm

Message received by email:

This is an automated email from LemonFool to let you know that your Private Messaging inbox has reached its capacity.

One or more users may have tried to send you private messages and were unsuccessful in doing so because of this.

Please delete some of your private messages you currently have stored, remembering to also delete them from the 'Trash Can'.

Thank you,
LemonFool Staff

I should have sufficient capacity to receive PMs but does anyone know the whereabouts of the 'Trash Can'?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Private Messaging Quota Reached at LemonFool

Postby redsturgeon » March 21st, 2017, 12:56 pm

PinkDalek wrote:Message received by email:

This is an automated email from LemonFool to let you know that your Private Messaging inbox has reached its capacity.

One or more users may have tried to send you private messages and were unsuccessful in doing so because of this.

Please delete some of your private messages you currently have stored, remembering to also delete them from the 'Trash Can'.

Thank you,
LemonFool Staff

I should have sufficient capacity to receive PMs but does anyone know the whereabouts of the 'Trash Can'?

Looks like capacity is 100 mails. If you go to inbox and mark posts on the right hand side then scroll down and you can delete marked posts.

John

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 21st, 2017, 1:35 pm

redsturgeon wrote:

Thank you,
LemonFool Staff

Looks like capacity is 100 mails. If you go to inbox and mark posts on the right hand side then scroll down and you can delete marked posts.

John

I think it is 50 in and 50 out. I hadn't reached such. That's why I asked about the 'Trash Can' which I can't find, in case that is what caused the alert.

I've managed a PM exchange with A N Other who's also received such an email. That A N Other is ignoring the email!

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » March 21st, 2017, 2:25 pm

Maybe I have more as a moderator.

John

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » March 21st, 2017, 6:24 pm

redsturgeon wrote:

... Please delete some of your private messages you currently have stored, remembering to also delete them from the 'Trash Can'.

I think you may be missing the point of the question. Deleting private messages in the way that you describe is something I too can do, and I'd guess PinkDalek can as well. But his quote from the email message implies that there is a 'Trash Can' folder that deleted private messages go to, with a message only being fully got rid of by deleting it again, this time from the 'Trash Can' folder. But like PinkDalek, I cannot see such a folder...

My guess is that the default configuration of the phpBB software includes such a folder, but stooz has chosen a configuration option not to have it, and that it's an auto-generated email that fails to adapt to the changed configuration. It wouldn't be the first time that there's been such a failure to adapt - e.g. I've got the "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" notification option turned off and the "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" notification option turned on - but if I subscribe to a forum, the software still tells me misleadingly "You have subscribed to be notified of new posts in this forum".

Gengulphus

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » March 21st, 2017, 7:48 pm

It looks to me as if the quota is 100 messages per folder?

At least my Inbox folder says "Folder is 14% full (14 out of 100 messages stored)"

Whilst my Sent folder says "older is 20% full (20 out of 100 messages stored)"

No sign of a Trash folder though

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » March 21st, 2017, 7:52 pm

Also the Rules, Folders and Settings option appears to allow a rule to move messages to another folder when the quota is reached, or to delete oldest messages - which backs up my thought that it's 100 per folder or the Move to Archive rule would be a bit redundant

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » March 22nd, 2017, 10:23 am

Talking of which - I wonder if mods could please have larger quotas?

I've rarely PM'd anyone for fun, most of my PMs are for mod work - so if possible....

:)

Ta

Mel

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 22nd, 2017, 1:55 pm

Gengulphus wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:

... Please delete some of your private messages you currently have stored, remembering to also delete them from the 'Trash Can'.

I think you may be missing the point of the question. Deleting private messages in the way that you describe is something I too can do, and I'd guess PinkDalek can as well. But his quote from the email message implies that there is a 'Trash Can' folder that deleted private messages go to, with a message only being fully got rid of by deleting it again, this time from the 'Trash Can' folder. But like PinkDalek, I cannot see such a folder...

My guess is that the default configuration of the phpBB software includes such a folder ...

Many thanks for understanding my question and for confirming you too cannot find the 'Trash Can' (as well as your plausible explanation as to what might have happened)!

chas49 wrote:It looks to me as if the quota is 100 messages per folder? ...

Yes, it looks like moderators are allowed up to 100 per folder (which does appear to be set far too low, based on what melonfool says later). Us mere mortals 50 per folder only - hard for mods to know the lower limit for us, without having a separate non-mod registration.

PD

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » March 22nd, 2017, 2:28 pm

PinkDalek wrote:Yes, it looks like moderators are allowed up to 100 per folder (which does appear to be set far too low, based on what melonfool says later). Us mere mortals 50 per folder only - hard for mods to know the lower limit for us, without having a separate non-mod registration.

PD

Ah, as you say - did not know that! Knew mine was 100, didn't know others were lower. Better have a clear out - now, where's that trash can.... ;)

Mel

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”