Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Please close my account.

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Darka
Lemon Slice

Please close my account.

Postby Darka » August 24th, 2023, 9:58 pm

Also banned since first thing this morning, the site is now unusable and badly broken.

Whilst I'm able to login now, I doubt it will last for long before another problem starts.

So, could one of the admins delete my account - I can't be bothered with it anymore.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Please close my account.

Postby Dod101 » August 24th, 2023, 10:08 pm

Darka wrote:Also banned since first thing this morning, the site is now unusable and badly broken.

Whilst I'm able to login now, I doubt it will last for long before another problem starts.

So, could one of the admins delete my account - I can't be bothered with it anymore.

I am beginning to feel the same. There is also a total lack of feed back from anyone about what is happening.

Dod

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » August 24th, 2023, 10:26 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Darka wrote:Also banned since first thing this morning, the site is now unusable and badly broken.

I am beginning to feel the same. There is also a total lack of feed back from anyone about what is happening.

Dod

Nonsense.

viewtopic.php?p=610819#p610819
viewtopic.php?p=610826#p610826
viewtopic.php?p=610829#p610829

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » August 24th, 2023, 10:29 pm

Yeah, stick with it.

I'm just back from a 'ban'. I suspected it was a site problem that would sort itself out.

I went away and did something else.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » August 24th, 2023, 10:33 pm

Dod101 wrote:

Dod

That's not correct, an explanation has been given, although you may have missed it as one of the problems is that the 'New Posts' listing seems awry. As I understand it, some work is being carried out for the benefit of TLF users. Personally I don't think it is appropriate or helpful to carp. Someone, I'm sure, is doing their best to sort it out.

RC

y0rkiebar
2 Lemon pips

Postby y0rkiebar » August 24th, 2023, 10:40 pm

Perhaps put up a post announcing that changes are afoot and there might be teething issues.
I know it's free to the end user but recent outages seem rather shambolic.

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » August 24th, 2023, 11:15 pm

The intolerance shown by many people is astonishing. This site is not a bank, or stockbroker, or some other mission-critical function. It is a free social-media site, run by a few individuals because the rest of us can't be bothered, or don't have the skills.How often does the site have problems? Maybe 3 or 4 short periods over the past 6 years or so,. For the vast, vast majority of the time, it works flawlessly. Far more problems are caused by malicious or self-centered users.
If the site is down, don't you have anything else to do? Watch Eastenders or whatever?
Get a life, folks, and a sense of perspective
doolally
edit... and why waste the admins time by asking them to close the account? Just go away and don't use it!

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » August 24th, 2023, 11:20 pm

y0rkiebar wrote:Perhaps put up a post announcing that changes are afoot and there might be teething issues.
If you care to look, such announcements have been made.

From what I've heard these changes, well some of them at least, have been foisted upon us at very short notice. You are right though, the site is free. It is not like there is a department of paid software geeks being pressured into getting it all sorted within the hour. It is one unpaid volunteer trying to manage the chaos. He probably has real-life stuff going on too, for all I know he has tickets to a concert tonight or is out with his partner.

Those getting so upset that they announce they are leaving the site not to return are IMO revealing themselves as being intolerant.

Chris

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » August 24th, 2023, 11:26 pm

I wish all those leaving a lovely life.

But please shut the door on the way out.

Quietly.

cheers.

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » August 24th, 2023, 11:35 pm

Dear admins,

When you close my account please delete all of my posts and any reply that has ever been made to any of them.

And don't worry, I won't be back.

To much woke politics and not enough investment discussion.

enjoy.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » August 24th, 2023, 11:36 pm

csearle wrote:You are right though, the site is free.

I'm not entirely sure I buy that. I either have to contribute to the site financially or I have to agree to view adverts for which the site owners get paid.

In the absence of published accounts* I have no idea if the site owners are just scraping by or coining it hand-over-fist. I've an idea it's somewhere in the middle but claiming "Its free so cut us some slack" is beginning to wear a bit thin.

* Or am I wrong and TLF accounts are published?

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » August 24th, 2023, 11:36 pm

csearle wrote:
y0rkiebar wrote:Perhaps put up a post announcing that changes are afoot and there might be teething issues.
If you care to look, such announcements have been made.

From what I've heard these changes, well some of them at least, have been foisted upon us at very short notice. You are right though, the site is free. It is not like there is a department of paid software geeks being pressured into getting it all sorted within the hour. It is one unpaid volunteer trying to manage the chaos. He probably has real-life stuff going on too, for all I know he has tickets to a concert tonight or is out with his partner.

Those getting so upset that they announce they are leaving the site not to return are IMO revealing themselves as being intolerant.

Chris

And [expletive deleted] you Chris.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » August 24th, 2023, 11:52 pm

Mike4 wrote:
* Or am I wrong and TLF accounts are published?

You can sign up to the email alerts from companies house for them if you want - the most recent alert was 16 August...

You have been sent this email because you are following LEMONFOOL LTD (12298516)

The following information is available from the company's filing history.

Date Form Description
16 Aug 2023 AA Micro company accounts made up to 30 November 2022
To stop following this company go to companies you follow.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 25th, 2023, 12:08 am

Darka wrote:Dear admins,

When you close my account please delete all of my posts and any reply that has ever been made to any of them.

enjoy.

I have closed your account.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 25th, 2023, 12:17 am

I am the part owner and pay the software bills and reap the incomes of ads along with clariman.

The income generated is spent on improvements.
Our time is not paid either.
Nor are the mods.
We run as a ltd co purely to protect my house from the multiple law suits we get every year.

My evenings and weekends go to providing a home to, originally what was, support to the fool closing its doors.

As with the majority of sites on the internet, an income is required to fund it. So we use ads. That means the site can be free to use. No money changes hands.

If the ads don't cover the costs, quite simply this site will be closed. I have no overwhelming desire to pay these costs from my own pocket when it could be spent on my children.
As noted I have just spent considerable time doing annual returns and yet another late night.

I'm sorry it hasn't been going well for a few weeks. But I am here now, midnight on a Thursday with a normal days work to go to tomorrow at 7am.
I will back online at 7pm after work, carrying on with repairs and improvements once I've got my kids to bed. I will also be giving up a lot of my bank holiday to resolving any issues reported.

If you do not wish to accept our apologies and that current issues should be short lived and wish to leave I will close any account.
Simply send me a pm.

Please note we have no obligation to remove any historical posts.

Regards
Stooz and clariman

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » August 25th, 2023, 12:18 am

Mike4 wrote:I'm not entirely sure I buy that. I either have to contribute to the site financially or I have to agree to view adverts for which the site owners get paid.
A person of a certain age in the UK can travel on busses free. There are adverts on and in that bus. For them it is still a free bus. C.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 25th, 2023, 12:29 am

csearle wrote:
Mike4 wrote:I'm not entirely sure I buy that. I either have to contribute to the site financially or I have to agree to view adverts for which the site owners get paid.
A person of a certain age in the UK can travel on busses free. There are adverts on and in that bus. For them it is still a free bus. C.

Itv is free, there are ads
Netflix you pay for there are no ads

Sky you pay for and there are ads. Go figure.

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » August 25th, 2023, 1:49 am

stooz wrote:
Darka wrote:Dear admins,

enjoy.

I have closed your account.

This is a shame, and quite a surprise. The tone somehow doesn't seem congruous with my impression of Darka, given his posting history - I do hope all is well in his world. I also hope his posts are left for posterity - in particular, I thought his posts about his FIRE experience were helpful for anyone else assessing their retirement options.

It has been a little frustrating lately but I see access to this platform as a privilege, not an entitlement. I hope there aren't any more impatient flounces - we are very lucky to have this continuation of the Fool community, and I'd hate to see the providers discouraged by the attitude of some of its members.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » August 25th, 2023, 7:34 am

stooz wrote:I am the part owner and pay the software bills and reap the incomes of ads along with clariman.

Nor are the mods.
We run as a ltd co purely to protect my house from the multiple law suits we get every year.

My evenings and weekends go to providing a home to, originally what was, support to the fool closing its doors.

As with the majority of sites on the internet, an income is required to fund it. So we use ads. That means the site can be free to use. No money changes hands.

If the ads don't cover the costs, quite simply this site will be closed. I have no overwhelming desire to pay these costs from my own pocket when it could be spent on my children.
As noted I have just spent considerable time doing annual returns and yet another late night.

I'm sorry it hasn't been going well for a few weeks. But I am here now, midnight on a Thursday with a normal days work to go to tomorrow at 7am.
I will back online at 7pm after work, carrying on with repairs and improvements once I've got my kids to bed. I will also be giving up a lot of my bank holiday to resolving any issues reported.

If you do not wish to accept our apologies and that current issues should be short lived and wish to leave I will close any account.
Simply send me a pm.

Regards
Stooz and clariman

Thank you for all of your efforts.
Please keep going and rest assured that some of us really do appreciate all that you do.
Please ignore the dickheads who don't

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 25th, 2023, 7:38 am

stooz wrote:I am the part owner and pay the software bills and reap the incomes of ads along with clariman.

Nor are the mods.

Simply send me a pm.

Regards
Stooz and clariman

Many thanks for your informative post. Any comments I have made have just been out of frustration and I am sorry that I do not always take the trouble to think of the background. I appreciate, and I hope that all users do, the efforts that you and clariman obviously make in keeping this site going.

Dod

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”