Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Google search stopped working

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 1628 times
Been thanked: 1623 times

Google search stopped working

#618764

Postby GoSeigen » October 4th, 2023, 11:10 am

Today I get the following message when I try to search with the Google Search box:

"JavaScript must be enabled and Google whitelisted in order to view the Custom Google Search Results"

Nothing obvious has changed my end.


GS

88V8
Lemon Half
Posts: 5911
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:22 am
Has thanked: 4262 times
Been thanked: 2633 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618782

Postby 88V8 » October 4th, 2023, 12:16 pm

GoSeigen wrote:Today I get the following message when I try to search with the Google Search box:
"JavaScript must be enabled and Google whitelisted in order to view the Custom Google Search Results"
Nothing obvious has changed my end.

One site I post on, I routinely see that message briefly then it vanishes.

Working OK here for me at the mo.

V8

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 1628 times
Been thanked: 1623 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618799

Postby GoSeigen » October 4th, 2023, 1:18 pm

Hmm seems to be fixed for me now.


GS

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2114
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:40 am
Has thanked: 1046 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618827

Postby GrahamPlatt » October 4th, 2023, 3:24 pm

https://pluralistic.net/2023/10/03/not- ... -economics

Long read, but worth it.

Suggest use of DuckDuckGo

csearle
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4861
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 2:24 pm
Has thanked: 4891 times
Been thanked: 2133 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618830

Postby csearle » October 4th, 2023, 3:35 pm

GrahamPlatt wrote:Suggest use of DuckDuckGo
I do. Changed over a while back. No Complaints. C.

88V8
Lemon Half
Posts: 5911
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:22 am
Has thanked: 4262 times
Been thanked: 2633 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618838

Postby 88V8 » October 4th, 2023, 4:21 pm

csearle wrote:
GrahamPlatt wrote:Suggest use of DuckDuckGo
I do. Changed over a while back. No Complaints. C.

Me too.

chas49
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2029
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 10:25 am
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618865

Postby chas49 » October 4th, 2023, 6:12 pm

Moderator Message:
I believe the OP was talking about the search box embedded in this site rather than using a search engine of their choice. The discussion of using DDG vs Google should be taken to an appropriate board please. This board is for Site Issues etc.

Thanks

(chas49)

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2114
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:40 am
Has thanked: 1046 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618875

Postby GrahamPlatt » October 4th, 2023, 6:56 pm

chas49 wrote:
Moderator Message:
I believe the OP was talking about the search box embedded in this site rather than using a search engine of their choice. The discussion of using DDG vs Google should be taken to an appropriate board please. This board is for Site Issues etc.

Thanks

(chas49)


What, your search box embedded in the site & labelled “Google Search…” …isn’t Google?
Just for clarity - I suggest the Site uses DuckDuckGo.

chas49
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2029
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 10:25 am
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618915

Postby chas49 » October 4th, 2023, 10:25 pm

GrahamPlatt wrote:What, your search box embedded in the site & labelled “Google Search…” …isn’t Google?
Just for clarity - I suggest the Site uses DuckDuckGo.

Well - obviously if it says "Google Search" it is Google.

It's made available via an extension to the phpBB software that powers this site. I don't think there is a similar one for DDG.

All this is above a mod's "pay grade" though :)

Clariman
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3278
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3108 times
Been thanked: 1559 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618920

Postby Clariman » October 4th, 2023, 10:58 pm

Google search is working within TLF for me? Is it an isolated problem for one user or do others have the same issue?

servodude
Lemon Half
Posts: 8505
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 5:56 am
Has thanked: 4523 times
Been thanked: 3656 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#618924

Postby servodude » October 4th, 2023, 11:32 pm

Clariman wrote:Google search is working within TLF for me? Is it an isolated problem for one user or do others have the same issue?


just tried it here and it worked for me

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Has thanked: 1628 times
Been thanked: 1623 times

Re: Google search stopped working

#619028

Postby GoSeigen » October 5th, 2023, 12:25 pm

Clariman wrote:Google search is working within TLF for me? Is it an isolated problem for one user or do others have the same issue?


For now I think it was an isolated problem, hasn't recurred.

Thanks for checking in.

GS


Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests