Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Strategy,Tactics and Psychology

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
ponym

Strategy,Tactics and Psychology

Postby ponym » March 30th, 2017, 12:11 am

Hello Stooz
A request.
Please will you set up a new discussion board titled :-

Strategy, Tactics and Psychology

I'm aware we have some specific boards that deal with the above subjects but it occurs to me that we do not have a stand alone place where we can discuss the who, what, where, when, why and how they are applied to the subject under discussion.
A board dedicated to the above will fill that gap and also I hope become another educational attraction to LF newcomers.

Thank you,

ponym

ps. There would be exclusions of course, the only one I can think of at the moment is, personal relationships, otherwise "live and let live rules?

Psychology.....The scientific study of the human mind and it's functions (source OED) eg Behavioural Psychology.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Strategy,Tactics and Psychology

Postby Gengulphus » March 30th, 2017, 11:02 am

ponym wrote:Hello Stooz
A request.
Please will you set up a new discussion board titled :-

Strategy, Tactics and Psychology

I'm aware we have some specific boards that deal with the above subjects but it occurs to me that we do not have a stand alone place where we can discuss the who, what, where, when, why and how they are applied to the subject under discussion.
A board dedicated to the above will fill that gap and also I hope become another educational attraction to LF newcomers.

Thank you,

ponym

ps. There would be exclusions of course, the only one I can think of at the moment is, personal relationships, otherwise "live and let live rules?

Psychology.....The scientific study of the human mind and it's functions (source OED) eg Behavioural Psychology.

I've nothing against the idea, but the title needs to be clearer about the board's focus, which if I understand your PS correctly is meant to be on psychology, with the strategy and tactics being ways of dealing with psychological issues. Something like "Psychology: Strategy and Tactics" would be a title that makes it clearer.

I say this because my first thought when I read your proposed title was that it was supposed to be about the interplay between investment strategy, investment tactics and the investor's psychology - and I'm by no means certain that that isn't what you intend: the above is merely my best guess from your post of what you intend the board to be about! For that, "Investment Strategy, Tactics and Psychology" would be a title that makes it clearer.

This would probably also affect where the board is placed. The first option above would be at home in either "Interests - Culture, Leisure , Food and Nature" or "Any Other Business", I think; the second in "Investors' Roundtable".

Gengulphus

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » March 31st, 2017, 11:42 am

Suggestion taken on board.

We need to do a bit of housekeeping soon. Some boards just arent being used etc...

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » March 31st, 2017, 4:01 pm

I would also wonder - strategy, tactics and psychology of what?

Mel

ponym

Postby ponym » April 1st, 2017, 12:30 am

Thanks for your responses to the above.
Just to try and clarify my request, I'm seeking a General Discussion area where all aspects of Strategy, Tactics and Psychology can be discussed and analysed, irrespective of the topic containing them.
n.b. Those topics are far too numerous for every one of them to have their own board, hence my request.
As for where this new board would reside I suggest--Interests.
Psychology, Don't really know enough about it but I'm very keen to learn. Another reason for my request?

ponym

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » April 2nd, 2017, 7:59 am

melonfool wrote:I would also wonder - strategy, tactics and psychology of what?

Mel

Yes that is exactly what I am pondering. Ponym, I have read your post which appeared after the above post by Mel, but I still don't get what the board is about.

In your response you say,
all aspects of Strategy, Tactics and Psychology can be discussed and analysed, irrespective of the topic containing them.

What do you mean by "strategy" and "tactics" in this context? Are you talking about using psychology to understand other people's behaviour and, therefore, deploy certain strategies or tactics to deal with them?

Perhaps some examples would help?

At the moment, it feels all too vague to create a board for.

Thanks
Clariman

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » April 2nd, 2017, 6:44 pm

Having thought about it a bit, I think there are few (if any) subjects that don't involve at least one of strategy, tactics and psychology. I.e. without clarification, just about anything belongs on the board - which is way too broad a subject area!

Gengulphus

ponym

Postby ponym » April 6th, 2017, 12:46 am

Too vague, too broad.
I think these are the correct observations.
Ah well, back to the drawing board methinks.
Stooz please remove my request.
thank you,

ponym

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”