Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Login via mobile - new password email

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Login via mobile - new password email

Postby PinkDalek » August 1st, 2017, 11:13 am

Possibly due to fat fingers etc I've failed to get logged in via my mobile. I was logged out rather than specifically logged myself out. I have requested a new password and the Information tells me:

"A new password was sent to your registered email address"

I assume this is an automated process but I've yet to receive the email. How long should it normally take for the new password email to be received?

Further, is there any other way I can resolve this issue? I'm about to request a reactivation request, so if I don't reappear here, I've really mucked up!

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Login via mobile - new password email

Postby Itsallaguess » August 1st, 2017, 11:21 am

PinkDalek wrote:
Possibly due to fat fingers etc I've failed to get logged in via my mobile. I was logged out rather than specifically logged myself out. I have requested a new password and the Information tells me:

"A new password was sent to your registered email address"

I assume this is an automated process but I've yet to receive the email. How long should it normally take for the new password email to be received?

Further, is there any other way I can resolve this issue? I'm about to request a reactivation request, so if I don't reappear here, I've really mucked up!

Interesting that you 'were logged out rather than specifically logged yourself out' PD, and that you were on a mobile connection, as I saw some similar issues over the weekend when I was trying to log in using a tablet and a wi-fi connection.

I logged in successfully, but after trying to read a few threads I seemed to keep being logged out by the board software, and would have to log in again repeatedly.

This issue has only been seen in the past week or so. I gave up over the weekend and probably wouldn't have mentioned it, putting it down to something on my end, but now you've mentioned this yourself I thought I'd ask if you were seeing similar behaviour at your end as well?

Has anyone else who may be reading this had mobile issues, where they were having trouble staying logged in?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 1st, 2017, 11:35 am

I've just lost a reply (from the PC) so trying again. This after a message stating The Lemon Fool is not working or similar.

Thanks for your reply.

Itsallaguess wrote:Interesting that you 'were logged out rather than specifically logged yourself out' PD, and that you were on a mobile connection, as I saw some similar issues over the weekend when I was trying to log in using a tablet and a wi-fi connection.

I logged in successfully, but after trying to read a few threads I seemed to keep being logged out by the board software, and would have to log in again repeatedly.

This issue has only been seen in the past week or so. I gave up over the weekend and probably wouldn't have mentioned it, putting it down to something on my end, but now you've mentioned this yourself I thought I'd ask if you were seeing similar behaviour at your end as well?

Has anyone else who may be reading this had mobile issues, where they were having trouble staying logged in?

Not recently, no, but maybe a few months ago.

I'm still not receiving the password reset email not the reactivation one. I don't really want to bother Stooz via PM but is there by any chance another way around this problem?

Or do the hamsters need feeding?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » August 1st, 2017, 11:40 am

PinkDalek wrote:I've just lost a reply (from the PC) so trying again. This after a message stating The Lemon Fool is not working or similar.

Thanks for your reply.

Itsallaguess wrote:Interesting that you 'were logged out rather than specifically logged yourself out' PD, and that you were on a mobile connection, as I saw some similar issues over the weekend when I was trying to log in using a tablet and a wi-fi connection.

Not recently, no, but maybe a few months ago.

I'm still not receiving the password reset email not the reactivation one. I don't really want to bother Stooz via PM but is there by any chance another way around this problem?

Or do the hamsters need feeding?

I think Stooz would welcome the news that there might be an issue with the password-reset functionality, so I wouldn't worry about sending him a PM to let him know.

I'd still be interested to hear if anyone else has been seeing issues with being logged out of the site when using mobile connections, as it was fairly regular over the weekend before I gave up, and isn't an issue now I'm back home on a hard-wired connection.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 1st, 2017, 12:06 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I think Stooz would welcome the news that there might be an issue with the password-reset functionality, so I wouldn't worry about sending him a PM to let him know.

Okay, done. I've asked him to have a look at this Topic when he is next here.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 2nd, 2017, 10:46 pm

Hi,
there is something weird going on with sending emails out. It may be we are being blacklisted or a setting I need to tweak. I am looking at it, but I can't make any promises on how long it will take to fix.
In the mean time I am happy to take PM's and sort passwords / registrations directly. My email is stoozs and I frequent the email server; gmail.com

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 3rd, 2017, 10:51 pm

Registration, notifications, basically anything requiring emails should now be fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 3rd, 2017, 11:03 pm

stooz wrote:Registration, notifications, basically anything requiring emails should now be fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Excellent, thank you. As the OP I'm pleased to say I've received the password reset email and am back in on my mobile.

Others might prefer I wasn't.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”