Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

How Foe list works

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

How Foe list works

Postby Wizard » December 9th, 2017, 11:36 pm

I appreciate from the FAQs that if I put somebody on my Foes list I do not see their posts, but I wondered if anyone could help with a couple of questions as to how it works in practice.

1. If somebody on my Foes list starts a thread will I see replies to the OP of do I not see the whole thread?

2. If I have read all the posts on a board other than those posted by people on my Foes list ks the board highlighted as having unread posts on it on the home screen.

Many thanks,
Terry.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: How Foe list works

Postby csearle » December 10th, 2017, 12:08 am

Holy mackerel! I am not sure that anyone knows the answer to those questions for sure yet. Probably best discovered through experimentation. If you need anyone to participate in such an experiment then do please let me know (I'm happy to play the role of a foe). I might need to furnish you with my email address so as to provide a back-channel in case TLF blocks communications.

Regards,
Chris

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Re: How Foe list works

Postby Wizard » December 10th, 2017, 10:14 am

I just decided to add a Foe and see what happened. Their posts are not completely invisible, just the content, you see they have made a post and instead of their post simply
Xxxxxxxx, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

I suspect this means I will see a thread they start and if theirs is the only post it will flag unread pists on a board.

As an aside, for the purpose I want to use this facility for the term "ignore list" is much more apt than Foe. I do not want to 'go to war' with anyone, it is just that there are some posters who post frequently but for me do not post much of great interest, so I would rather ignore their posts. Of course for others these same posters may add great value, it is only my view.

Terry.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”