Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

When is a coffee not a coffee?

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

When is a coffee not a coffee?

Postby bungeejumper » February 26th, 2018, 9:51 am

Ugh, we stopped off last week for a wake-up morning coffee at a café run by Bristol city council (which is always a bit right-on), and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't what it seemed.

The assistant did tell us proudly that the coffee in our cappuccinos had been blended and ground especially for the council. What she didn't say that it had been roasted briefly over a damp candle in a dark cellar, and judging by its zero 'kick' quotient it was decaff. Like drinking lukewarm custard.

Okay, I know that it's my customer's privilege not to come back again, but can they do that? The decaff bit, I mean?

BJ

(Yes, I know I should have made a fuss, but we were having a nice morning with our little granddaughter at the time, and I wasn't about to cause a scene over a fiver's worth of frothy mud.) Ugh and double ugh. :x Thanks for listening.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Re: When is a coffee not a coffee?

Postby stewamax » February 26th, 2018, 10:50 am

Drop an email to the Bristol Post: if the council is foisting demonstrable tat on its citizens, it might make a nice filler story.

Return to “Food”