Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Ice cream recipe book

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Ice cream recipe book

Postby johnstevens77 » December 15th, 2018, 9:56 am

We would like to make something different to our usual ones and I need some inspiration. Does anyone use or know of a very good book that I could buy?

I usualy make recipes from "icecreamscience.com", plus salted caramel, mango,(When I find them ripe enough and at a good price)and various fruit sorbets using soft fruit from our garden, amongst others. Our machine is a 13 year old Gelato Chef 2200 which works well enough.I would like a little more air incorporated into the mix but am not about to buy another mahcine until this one kicks the bucket.

Thanks

john

fuiseog

Re: Ice cream recipe book

Postby fuiseog » December 17th, 2018, 4:27 pm

The wonders of WhatsApp! A Sous Chef at the ***M 'Per Se' in NYC highly recommends:-

The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas and Sweet Accompaniments Paperback – 20 Jul 2017, by David Lebovitz

The UK/Europe edition is available from Amazon UK.

Author is a Paris based pastry chef.

https://www.davidlebovitz.com/

fuiseog

johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Postby johnstevens77 » December 18th, 2018, 12:07 pm

fuiseog wrote:The wonders of WhatsApp! A Sous Chef at the ***M 'Per Se' in NYC highly recommends:-

The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas and Sweet Accompaniments Paperback – 20 Jul 2017, by David Lebovitz

The UK/Europe edition is available from Amazon UK.

Author is a Paris based pastry chef.

https://www.davidlebovitz.com/

fuiseog

Thanks for that. I had seen that book on line of course but was just wondering what othe Fools were using. Am I the only one making ice cream? I ordrered a hard back copy today. We want to try the chocolate and peanut butter recipe, there are recipes on line but sometimes people post nonesense recipes, not that books are infalible either. I once read a wallnut ice cream recipe that said to cook the wallnuts then strain them out but the photo quite clearly showed wallnuts in the mix. Another one for a cake in Delicious magazine gave a recipe using yeast with a kilo of ingredients and it was supposed to be proved and cooked in a 1 kilo tin! I spotted that and used a 2 kilo tin, came out very well.

john

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » December 18th, 2018, 12:24 pm

johnstevens77 wrote:Am I the only one making ice cream?

I try not to as I'm big enough as I am. In terms of books, I quite like Ben & Jerrys, however it's more of a cook book/autobiography than recipy book (though it does contain recipies). To be frank, I didn't think that it would fit your criteria of "something different" as Ben & Jerry flovours are now mainstream.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/198 ... ssert_Book

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » December 18th, 2018, 2:22 pm

johnstevens77 wrote:Our machine is a 13 year old Gelato Chef 2200 which works well enough. I would like a little more air incorporated into the mix but am not about to buy another machine until this one kicks the bucket.

We've had the same machine for longer than that, and it still works fine. My favourite recipe is a champagne sorbet. On one infamous occasion I put so much alcohol in it that it would not set. We ended up with what I believe Americans call a Slurpee, or a Slushie, or something like that.

Return to “Food”