Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to ExFM,ErroneousBee,GSVsowhat,Shelford,Hypster, for Donating to support the site

Cheese subscriptions

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
didds
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3132
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 1458 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Cheese subscriptions

#356152

Postby didds » November 13th, 2020, 11:55 am

Does anybody here take a cheese sxubscription eg £25 a month for cheese selections to be delivered to you etc?

I've been idly looking at them - and have to say some of them look like cheese i can buy from a supermarket, wheras others look at least interesting but then are £40 a month for less than a kilo ...

?

didds

Mike4
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1984
Joined: November 24th, 2016, 3:29 am
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 876 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356176

Postby Mike4 » November 13th, 2020, 12:21 pm

didds wrote:Does anybody here take a cheese sxubscription eg £25 a month for cheese selections to be delivered to you etc?

I've been idly looking at them - and have to say some of them look like cheese i can buy from a supermarket, wheras others look at least interesting but then are £40 a month for less than a kilo ...

?

didds


I'll send you 1kg of cheese for £39 a month if you like!

:lol:

moorfield
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2082
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 642 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356180

Postby moorfield » November 13th, 2020, 12:28 pm

didds wrote:I've been idly looking at them - and have to say some of them look like cheese i can buy from a supermarket, wheras others look at least interesting but then are £40 a month for less than a kilo ...



Do they sell an Illchester? he asks, expecting the answer "no" .... ;)

bungeejumper
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4989
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 1502 times
Been thanked: 1975 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356199

Postby bungeejumper » November 13th, 2020, 1:07 pm

moorfield wrote:Do they sell an Illchester?

At those prices I should flipping well hope not.

BJ

didds
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3132
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 1458 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356232

Postby didds » November 13th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Mike4 wrote:
I'll send you 1kg of cheese for £39 a month if you like!

:lol:


that's rather my point Mike!

stewamax
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1540
Joined: November 7th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 336 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356876

Postby stewamax » November 15th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Hmm.... I can buy a whole baby Colston Bassett Stilton for around £45 and a big one for around £130.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1791
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 10:30 am
Been thanked: 511 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#356998

Postby kempiejon » November 16th, 2020, 12:14 pm

moorfield wrote:

Do they sell an Illchester? he asks, expecting the answer "no" .... ;)


Ah! It's been on order, sir, for two weeks. Was expecting it this morning.

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half
Posts: 5919
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 797 times
Been thanked: 1309 times

Re: Cheese subscriptions

#357002

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 16th, 2020, 12:28 pm

kempiejon wrote:
moorfield wrote:

Do they sell an Illchester? he asks, expecting the answer "no" .... ;)


Ah! It's been on order, sir, for two weeks. Was expecting it this morning.


Oooh. Brilliant hint. I had got as far as "Ilchester mon" in my search box when the autosuggestion gave me "Ilchester cheese monty python".


Return to “Food”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Howard and 2 guests