Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Blenders!

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Blenders!

Postby Urbandreamer » April 11th, 2024, 10:20 am

Argh!

Ok we have had a succession of blenders over the years. Each one lives for a shorter period.
The most recent is a Mo Health bullet style blender.

Mechanically these bullet style blenders consist of a base/blade part that connects to a container/cup/jug via a gasket.
That connects to a motor/base unit via a set of rotating lugs. The motor is triggered by forcing the lugs together.

Fail modes are the blender eating the gasket or the rotating lugs being worn away as the cup separates from the motor to stop blending.

Can anyone please recommend a good blender, preferably bullet style that actually lasts? Or where parts are easy to obtain and replace.
Ideally dishwasher proof.
Hopefully not hugely expensive, though I'm starting to think that one twice the price that lasts three times longer will be cheaper.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: Blenders!

Postby Gerry557 » April 11th, 2024, 1:46 pm

Sounds like you should buy from somewhere offering an extended warranty.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 11th, 2024, 2:22 pm

Proper Nutribullets aren't bad - but I'm not sure if they are all (still) created equal
- oor kid's one has had pretty much daily usage for (counts....) 4 years and a couple of weeks (.. it was a 16th birthday present - her younger sister also "blends")
and the gasket looks good as new - less so the nubs on the side but that's less important for leaks

the motor also smells really clean when running (...don't ask unless you want to know but you know when they don't)

I think this stuff is very much in the realms of Vime's Boots (from Pratchett)
- just that sometimes it's hard to know you're buying cheap

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 13th, 2024, 7:18 am

servodude wrote:Proper Nutribullets aren't bad - but I'm not sure if they are all (still) created equal
- oor kid's one has had pretty much daily usage for (counts....) 4 years and a couple of weeks (.. it was a 16th birthday present - her younger sister also "blends")
and the gasket looks good as new - less so the nubs on the side but that's less important for leaks

the motor also smells really clean when running (...don't ask unless you want to know but you know when they don't)

I think this stuff is very much in the realms of Vime's Boots (from Pratchett)
- just that sometimes it's hard to know you're buying cheap

Agree with all this. I have had a Nutribullet for ten years and one container has just developed a leak.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » April 13th, 2024, 8:12 am

Any fans of the Ninja brand?

I ask as trawling the web for reviews I find that you can put the blades of that one in the dishwasher, unlike the Nutrabullet or Magic bullet.

I have become convinced though that I definitely need to spend more.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 13th, 2024, 9:04 am

Urbandreamer wrote:Any fans of the Ninja brand?

I ask as trawling the web for reviews I find that you can put the blades of that one in the dishwasher, unlike the Nutrabullet or Magic bullet.

I have become convinced though that I definitely need to spend more.

My son has a Ninja and it is very powerful and manages stuff a nutribullet can't but it does have the convenience of the bullet. It has proved very robust though.

Return to “Food”