Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

Panny Breadmaker

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Panny Breadmaker

Postby Rhyd6 » May 16th, 2024, 9:28 am

Have any of you got a recipe for making olive and sundried tomato bread in your panny? The recipe book gives a recipe for mixing in the breadmaker but cooking in the oven and I wondered if anyone had experimented with making and cooking in a panny? My daughter adores this type of bread but unfortunately the shop she used to buy it from has had to close. Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

R6

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Panny Breadmaker

Postby servodude » May 16th, 2024, 11:11 am

Rhyd6 wrote:Have any of you got a recipe for making olive and sundried tomato bread in your panny? The recipe book gives a recipe for mixing in the breadmaker but cooking in the oven and I wondered if anyone had experimented with making and cooking in a panny? My daughter adores this type of bread but unfortunately the shop she used to buy it from has had to close. Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

R6

I would have thought the transfer would be because you'd normally be looking for something that wasn't a pan loaf for this type of bread.
The baking itself will be mostly driven by the needs of the dough (including its shape) - I don't use a machine but if I ever add stuff to a loaf it doesn't change how I cook it... unless it drastically changes how the loaf looks.
Assuming that the machine can take being exposed to small bits of hot tomato (which is quite acidic) I'd be tempted to just try it in situ...
this looks to suggest it can be done https://experience-fresh.panasonic.eu/recipe/sundried-tomato-parmesan-bread-recipe/..

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 16th, 2024, 11:33 am

I tried a bread maker, is was most often employed for mixing focaccia. I like kneading but focaccia is a very wet dough that bakes on a pan so unsuitable for a bread maker.
As sd said chuck the olives and tomato bits in and give it a crack.

Aleksa

Postby Aleksa » May 16th, 2024, 12:52 pm

Mix warm water, olive oil, bread flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in the bread maker. After dough rises, knead in chopped olives and sundried tomatoes, then shape into a loaf. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. ;)

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » May 16th, 2024, 3:25 pm

Aleksa wrote:Mix warm water, olive oil, bread flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in the bread maker. After dough rises, knead in chopped olives and sundried tomatoes, then shape into a loaf. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. ;)

I'm confused. Why would you start the bread in the breadmaker and then take it out, and presumably bake in the oven? Have I missed something?

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » May 16th, 2024, 3:36 pm

chas49 wrote:
Aleksa wrote:Mix warm water, olive oil, bread flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in the bread maker. After dough rises, knead in chopped olives and sundried tomatoes, then shape into a loaf. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. ;)

I'm confused. Why would you start the bread in the breadmaker and then take it out, and presumably bake in the oven? Have I missed something?

Some just make the mix then you remove and shape them, finishing in the oven. Cant see how you make 12 buns in a loaf tin otherwise or how it could separate into individual balls.

If you are making a fruit loaf then is all done in a oner

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » May 16th, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info and recipe. I never thought about shape as I can't abide olives so have never made anything using them. Always make Bara Brith - literally spotted bread in the panny and have never had any problems with that so shall give it a whirl.

R6

Return to “Food”