Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,Steffers0,Anonymous,CryptoPlankton,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

Halifax Clarity: foreign currency withdrawals

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
tea42
Lemon Slice

Re: Halifax Clarity: foreign currency withdrawals

Postby tea42 » November 21st, 2019, 6:50 pm

I have used Clarity for years. Always got a very good Exchange Rate. Never been charged by the ATM because I am careful. Then, paid in cash for everything like meals fares etc thus avoiding any extra charges. Then just let the direct debit clear the amount borrowed when it will. The interest I paid pays for the excellent service the card provides. Its usually just a few quid. The interest rate is going up but it doesnt deter me from doing the same thing.

DiviLuvva

Re: Halifax Clarity: foreign currency withdrawals

Postby DiviLuvva » November 26th, 2019, 3:31 pm

I'm the OP for this thread. I did get a Clarity card but I'm not using it in Tenerife. Instead I opened a Starling account and draw EUR in cash using that card.

I use the euros in my preloaded Transferwise account to pay for meals out, supermarket shopping, topping up the bus pass etc. by card.

Annoying that the epos machines often ask if you'd like to be ripped off and pay in GBP from the Transferwise account preloaded with euros.

For info: the Deutsche Bank ATMs here in Tenerife don't charge an ATM fee; Caixa Bank for example charges 2 EUR.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”