Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tesco Credit Card - Security Breach!

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Tesco Credit Card - Security Breach!

Postby Slarti » November 6th, 2016, 2:26 pm

If you have a Tesco Credit Card please chack your account for unexpected transactions as they have had some sort of security breach through a 3rd party.

My own card account seems OK, though I do have a problem on my current A/C.

Customer service is very busy today. I wonder why?

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tesco Credit Card - Security Breach!

Postby Raptor » November 6th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Saw that this morning from Martin Lewis. Mine was fine, however, have been unable to get into my clubcard since yesterday and trying to reset password does not elivcit the email I would expect. Not sure whether linked but any breach is worrying especially as they are being very quiet on what the problem is and how big....

Raptor

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tesco Credit Card - Security Breach!

Postby Slarti » November 6th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Article on BBC news website said it was
"in the thousands but less than 10,000" and that they had all been sent alerts to notify them. It said they should contact the bank if they had any concerns.

I looked and saw nothing wrong on my credit card, but the balance available in my bank account was less than the balance and there are no payments due next week so have been on the phone to them.

Cheated and went via the internet banking help number and bypassed the 90 minute+ queue for security. They will get back to me.

As to the cause, it said in their recorded message it was a breach at an intermediary that was the root of the problem. it'll come out in the wash.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”