Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Gostevie,JuanDB,Anonymous,elkay,barchid, for Donating to support the site

interactive investor

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
timrichards1

interactive investor

Postby timrichards1 » April 22nd, 2021, 5:27 pm

has anyone got experience of using an interactive investor trading account to lodge their vct certificates and trading ?
I have us.ed HL for a few years but they have stopped accepting the certificates.
Thanks

IJ49

Re: interactive investor

Postby IJ49 » April 22nd, 2021, 6:04 pm

I've used ii to buy ands sell VCT shares as trades, with no major problems. The exception was just after the transfer from ATS when I had to message ii to get them to approve the inclusion of specific VCT shares for purchase. This was usually resolved in a couple of days, so not a problem as most BVT share prices change slowly. I was also happy with the prices.

Most of my VCT holdings are certifcated, but I have one that I would like to sell which I have deferred until I feel comfortable that ii will be in a postion to deal with it properly.

ij

timrichards1

Postby timrichards1 » April 22nd, 2021, 8:37 pm

Thanks IJ, are there some VCTs that ii won't sell ?
If yes, Is there anyway of finding out which ones they don't sell ?
thanks

IJ49

Postby IJ49 » April 23rd, 2021, 8:31 am

The easiest way I found was to set up a trade in the relevant stock and see if it would go on to allow a preview of the trade. If the stock was not currently traded a message to that effect would appear, then I sent a message querying. In all cases the stocks were added. I think it was a case that ii had not had investors before ATS who traded VCT shares.

Give it a go and see, I don't think you will have any problems.

ij

timrichards1

Postby timrichards1 » April 23rd, 2021, 5:08 pm

thanks IJ, will do.
I noticed that they also give full trail commission refund on new issues rather than the typical 25% from Wealth Club
Tim

farnbrofool

Postby farnbrofool » April 26th, 2021, 8:57 am

I sent II all my VCT certificates when my account was moved over from ATS. It was all handled quickly and efficiently.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”