Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Graze

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
127tolmers
Lemon Slice

Graze

Postby 127tolmers » February 6th, 2019, 9:31 pm

I recall Graze being one of the stars of Octopus Titan many years ago, one I used to tease Uncle E about.

I noted today that Unilever have bought them from Carlyle for about £150m but below the hoped for £300m. This follows a deal in 2012 when Carlyle bought a large stake for about £50m. I am not clear whether Titan still has a stake but it must now be very diluted in the expanded Titan fund.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Graze

Postby UncleEbenezer » February 6th, 2019, 10:12 pm

From memory, graze.com was one of those investments that was transferred to Zenith after the partial exit to Carlyle.

Googling based on that took me to WealthClub's commentary on the current Titan offering, in which they say Graze is still held by Zenith. So yes, it would seem Titan still has skin in the game, albeit much-diluted.

n.b. The FT says "under £150M" and the BBC says "under £100m". The net effect will depend on its latest valuation in the Zenith portfolio, but it looks as if the best growth may have been pre-Carlyle.

Aside: for me, the real measure of graze success is the number of times I've seen crowdfunding hopefuls comparing themselves to graze. They've been an aspiration since sometime around the time of that Carlyle deal.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”