Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Albion Development AGM

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
IJ49

Albion Development AGM

Postby IJ49 » June 10th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Yesterday (9th June) was the AGM of Albion Development (AADV) and it was streamed live as a webinar via Zoom. I had signed up for access, but other matters intervened. Albion have also posted pdfs of the Q&As received from shareholders and the proxy voting results, with the results presentation to follow.

Very useful way for shareholders to have access to the curtailed agm in line with the guidelines. Shame about missing out on the usual refreshments and chats afterwards though, hopefully next time.

I see also that the Kings Arms Yard agm is next week (15th) and this too is being live streamed as a webinar.

The links are below:

https://www.albion.capital/funds/AADV

https://www.albion.capital/funds/KAY

(Sorry I don't know how to paste hyper links here)

ij49

Kidman
Lemon Slice

Re: Albion Development AGM

Postby Kidman » June 11th, 2020, 10:02 am

Regarding AGMs rather than VCTs, I note that Saga are hosting their online AGM using lumiagm.com which apparently allows shareholders to ask questions and vote 'live' at the virtual AGM.

However, still no refreshments or chat!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 11th, 2020, 11:31 am

Kidman wrote:Regarding AGMs rather than VCTs, I note that Saga are hosting their online AGM using lumiagm.com which apparently allows shareholders to ask questions and vote 'live' at the virtual AGM.

However, still no refreshments or chat!

Even before lockdown, we should long ago have made the facility for online attendance a requirement for shareholder meetings of all listed companies. With a bit of luck, this can now finally become the norm!

Bud1

Postby Bud1 » August 25th, 2020, 11:31 am

Kudos to Albion for at least meeting the challenges of communicating in a Covid world head on and doing the live streaming and available downloads. Hopefully this will become the standard

A very positive departure compared to the Attitude of most of the others VCT fund boards who have refused to do similar or used the excuses of not allowed to hold clandestine meetings without any nasty shareholders to ask any questions about our money

Well done Albion

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » August 25th, 2020, 11:45 am

Bud1 wrote:Kudos to Albion for at least meeting the challenges of communicating in a Covid world head on and doing the live streaming and available downloads. Hopefully this will become the standard

A very positive departure compared to the Attitude of most of the others VCT fund boards who have refused to do similar or used the excuses of not allowed to hold clandestine meetings without any nasty shareholders to ask any questions about our money

Well done Albion

Northern 2 VCT are holding their AGM tomorrow (26 Aug 2020) and participation is available via registration for Zoom
https://nvm.co.uk/investor-area/vcts/n2vct/annual-general-meeting-26-august-2020/

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 25th, 2020, 12:45 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:
Bud1 wrote:Kudos to Albion for at least meeting the challenges of communicating in a Covid world head on and doing the live streaming and available downloads. Hopefully this will become the standard

Well done Albion

Northern 2 VCT are holding their AGM tomorrow (26 Aug 2020) and participation is available via registration for Zoom
https://nvm.co.uk/investor-area/vcts/n2vct/annual-general-meeting-26-august-2020/

Thanks for posting that.

A valiant effort, but not available to me as my N2 shares are held in a nominee account. If they require a shareholder ID for signup, there needs to be provision to obtain such an ID from a nominee - perhaps using an OpenID framework (the technology underlying when you get the option to "login with" the likes of a google or facebook account on a third-party site).

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”