Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

Tax residency forms

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
Karellan
2 Lemon pips

Tax residency forms

Postby Karellan » May 3rd, 2024, 4:34 pm

City Partnership have been sending out requests for tax residency etc. I have had them for the four Mobeus and the three Northerns.

This looks to me to be a lot of work as the attached pdf would need to be printed and scanned in.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick / misunderstood ?

I have asked Cityhub for clarification but heard nothing as yet.

onslow
2 Lemon pips

Re: Tax residency forms

Postby onslow » May 4th, 2024, 7:40 am

Ignore them, I do.

There is a general rule worldwide - pushed by the US about 15 years go - that financial institutions and intermediaries - need to capture the tax residency of their customers, its all supposed to be shared to the national tax authority (ie HMRC) and then shared with other countries so they can track where you are/where you are supposed to pay tax.

This is another example of how ancient the VCT and registrars are - its 2024 and I get a paper form for every VCT and its some effort to fill them out and send back.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 4th, 2024, 9:11 am

Haven't seen any of those. Maybe I'm being shielded by holding shares in a nominee account?

But I do regularly find myself ticking tax residency boxes online. I think that includes every time I subscribe to a VCT offer, so they have my details already.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » May 6th, 2024, 7:00 pm

Karellan wrote:City Partnership have been sending out requests for tax residency etc. I have had them for the four Mobeus and the three Northerns.

This looks to me to be a lot of work as the attached pdf would need to be printed and scanned in.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick / misunderstood ?

I have asked Cityhub for clarification but heard nothing as yet.

Similar thread at: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41849&p=663170#p662834

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”