Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

SSE Dividend Not Appearing In Barclays Smart Investor

Discuss Brokers, trading, fees, experiences
Andy46
Lemon Pip

SSE Dividend Not Appearing In Barclays Smart Investor

Postby Andy46 » September 26th, 2018, 8:25 pm

Hi,

As far as i'm aware SSE paid a dividend on 21/09, this is still not showing in my Barclays Smart Investor account. Anyone else?

Thanks
Moderator Message:
Moved from DAK to Brokers and Share Dealing (leaving a link) - Chris

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: SSE Dividend Not Appearing In Barclays Smart Investor

Postby kiloran » September 26th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Same here, and with a few other shares. RDSB was also late.
Perhaps a knock-on effect from their technical problems last week

--kiloran

Andy46
Lemon Pip

Postby Andy46 » September 26th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Hi

Glad its not just me. Yes RDSB was also late, and on a previous RDSB dividend it was credited, deleted, entered wrongly, deleted, credited ......... no idea what someone was playing at !!

Andy

Andy46
Lemon Pip

Postby Andy46 » September 27th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Just received this:

Thank you for your email to Barclays Smart Investor. I am very sorry for any concern caused by the current problem regarding your SSE dividend.

I can confirm that we are currently experiencing an issue which is impacting the dividend posting for a small portion of our clients. I have spoken to the technical team who have been made aware that the work in the background to have this issue resolved is now of the highest priority.

Whilst majority of our dividends are posted within 48 hours of receipt of the payment date, there are some instances that this can be take a little longer and, for this reason, we have a timescale of 10 working days for a dividend to be paid from the payment date. I can confirm SSE dividend is currently within the 10 working days and we do intend to have them released as soon as possible. I sympathise with any frustrations you may have as I am aware there has been issues with dividends in the past and we appreciate your patience while we get this resolved for you.

I can only hope the recent problems haven't inconvenienced you too much and, once resolved, they do not appear again. If I can be of any further help in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

You can contact us via Secure Web Chat which can be found at the bottom of any Smart Investor web page when logged in to your account or by phone on 0141 352 3919 / 0800 279 3667* in order to answer your questions in more detail.

Please note, these contact options are available Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 19:00, Friday 07:30 to 18:00 and Saturday 09:30 to 12:30.

absolutezero
Lemon Slice

Postby absolutezero » September 27th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Andy46 wrote:Hi,

As far as i'm aware SSE paid a dividend on 21/09, this is still not showing in my Barclays Smart Investor account. Anyone else?

Thanks

Has John McDonnell got it?

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » September 27th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Andy46 wrote:I have spoken to the technical team who have been made aware that the work in the background to have this issue resolved is now of the highest priority.

You should hope so too. Also that crediting dividends of the correct amount to the correct account is one of the basics.

mike
2 Lemon pips

Postby mike » September 27th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Alaric wrote:You should hope so too. Also that crediting dividends of the correct amount to the correct account is one of the basics.

The last HSBA dividend I received July was actually paid by Barclays at the wrong 'per share' amount, and it took several days to be put right.

The GNK divi was received many days late earlier this month. I did ring to see if there was a problem and was quite cheerily told that no, there was no problem and Barclays have 10 days to credit the funds. My response that if there was a problem I could understand the delay, but that it is an automated process which should take seconds if there was no problem just elicited the stonewalling "we have 10 days" response.

And the next HSBA divi has not turned up in Barclays today, but I'm not concerned about that yet. Funds have however arrived in my bank account late yesterday (but dated today) from HSBA shares held in a CREST account.

This is beginning to feel a bit like a year ago during the transfer from Barclays Stockbrokers.

Mike

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » September 27th, 2018, 11:03 pm

mike wrote:I did ring to see if there was a problem and was quite cheerily told that no, there was no problem and Barclays have 10 days to credit the funds.

Anyone competent does it immediately. It evidently doesn't sink in to Barclays' management that a lack of ability to handle basics drives customers away.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » September 28th, 2018, 1:37 am

Andy46 wrote:there are some instances that this can be take a little longer and, for this reason, we have a timescale of 10 working days for a dividend to be paid from the payment date

10 working days!

That's just taking the proverbial. Other brokers manage it, so why not Barclays? I'd move if dividends weren't regularly hitting the account on the due date.

VRD

strobow

Postby strobow » September 28th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Same here, nothing showing a week after the dividend payment was due

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 28th, 2018, 4:49 pm

vrdiver wrote:
Andy46 wrote:there are some instances that this can be take a little longer and, for this reason, we have a timescale of 10 working days for a dividend to be paid from the payment date

10 working days!

That's just taking the proverbial. Other brokers manage it, so why not Barclays? I'd move if dividends weren't regularly hitting the account on the due date.

VRD

I find most dividends at Barclays are normally paid very promptly, within a day or sometimes two. I think the current delay is due to the technical problems they had around the time that the SSE dividend was due.

--kiloran

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » September 28th, 2018, 5:46 pm

kiloran wrote:I find most dividends at Barclays are normally paid very promptly, within a day or sometimes two. I think the current delay is due to the technical problems they had around the time that the SSE dividend was due.

If they'd explained that, I could have some empathy, but to be fobbed off with "we've got ten days to credit your account" with no explanation seems like a bit of a Customer Service fail. After the TSB fiasco I'd have expected any bank hit with issues like this to arm its staff with an official line, apologising for the delay, explaining why and when it would be fixed (best estimate) and offering to waive / put right any costs associated with an account not having the money when it should have.

Perhaps I'm an optimist...

VRD

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » September 28th, 2018, 6:49 pm

vrdiver wrote:... "we've got ten days to credit your account" with no explanation seems like a bit of a Customer Service fail....
Perhaps I'm an optimist...

I'm afraid you are. IME all brokers have exactly the same response in the event of a hiccup in paying a dividend - they just quote their T&Cs which say 'up to 10 days' and leave it at that.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 29th, 2018, 11:46 am

SSE, and the other delayed dividends, have now been credited to my account

--kiloran

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 30th, 2018, 12:56 pm

mike wrote:
Alaric wrote:You should hope so too. Also that crediting dividends of the correct amount to the correct account is one of the basics.

The last HSBA dividend I received July was actually paid by Barclays at the wrong 'per share' amount, and it took several days to be put right.

The GNK divi was received many days late earlier this month. I did ring to see if there was a problem and was quite cheerily told that no, there was no problem and Barclays have 10 days to credit the funds. My response that if there was a problem I could understand the delay, but that it is an automated process which should take seconds if there was no problem just elicited the stonewalling "we have 10 days" response.

And the next HSBA divi has not turned up in Barclays today, but I'm not concerned about that yet. Funds have however arrived in my bank account late yesterday (but dated today) from HSBA shares held in a CREST account.

This is beginning to feel a bit like a year ago during the transfer from Barclays Stockbrokers.

Mike

Gosh! I never check that the correct p.s. amount has been credited. Am not with Barclays, however. Has anyone experienced that particular error with other brokers?

Andy46
Lemon Pip

Postby Andy46 » September 30th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Hi,

Just checked. My SSE dividend in my account now, AV. has appeared too (usually paid out in november? any idea why I've got it now?). No sign of HSBA tho

Andy

monabri
Lemon Quarter

Postby monabri » October 1st, 2018, 5:27 pm

absolutezero wrote:
Andy46 wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Has John McDonnell got it?

Just a matter of time, just a matter of time :(

Noddingdonkey

Postby Noddingdonkey » October 9th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Finally got delayed divi's but like "Alaric" my last HSBC amount was wrong. But what continues to get my goat is that they withhold the tax on PID's from REITS. My Hammerson (don't ask!) divi just came up short again.
some of you seem to have had this same problem and have it sorted out but despite numerous attempts on my part I'm still short, going back 18 month now.
ND

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”