Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

joint accounts

TahiPanasDua
Lemon Pip

joint accounts

Postby TahiPanasDua » November 14th, 2017, 5:23 pm

Can anyone help?

Where can I find a list of brokers that allow joint accounts?

We have 2 such accounts with HSBC and Barclays Smart Investor. When Barclays eventually settle down we will transfer to some one else. I am not keen on TD/II.

Many thanks for any help.

TP2

Lootman
Lemon Quarter

Re: joint accounts

Postby Lootman » November 14th, 2017, 5:34 pm

I would be shocked if any broker did not allow and support the joint ownership of accounts, with the exception of accounts that by their nature are individual e.g. ISAs and SIPPs.

doug2500
2 Lemon pips

Postby doug2500 » November 14th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Charles Stanley Direct certainly do. They are generally well regarded but not the cheapest broker.

bjmarren
Lemon Pip

Postby bjmarren » November 15th, 2017, 10:26 am

Hi All,

Recently, well a couple of months ago, I received an e mail from Charles Stanley informing me that, due to "a certain impending regulatory" change, existing joint account clients, of which my wife and I are, would have to change the way they access their account. Due to this change joint account clients would now have to create a new and separate web profile i.e. my wife would have her own profile and password with Charles Stanley to access our account. I haven't dealt with this yet, as there is a 1st December deadline but the original poster reminded me. Given that my wife has no interest in our account, I'll probably just change my own profile which will then revert it back to a single person access account which is what it started out to be but it's something to bear in mind if considering them.

Cheers,

Brendan

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”