Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Interactive Investor - unable to view tax certificate

syrio
Lemon Pip

Interactive Investor - unable to view tax certificate

Postby syrio » May 8th, 2018, 8:18 pm

II just emailed me to say my tax certificate was available, but when I went to the website it didn't show me anything.

Anyone else having the same problem - or any success?

I've gone to

Login > Account > Document History

I've set the Document Type menu to Consolidated Tax Certificates and clicked the Apply Filter button - both with and without some dates set but it always says

There are no documents currently available.

I also notice that even after setting the Document Type menu to Consolidated Tax Certificates and clicking apply the URL bar still shows documentType=ContractNotes in the URL

i.e.

https://secure.ii.co.uk/webbroker2/app. ... tractNotes

Lootman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Interactive Investor - unable to view tax certificate

Postby Lootman » May 8th, 2018, 8:39 pm

That's odd because I have the exact opposite situation.

I can see my tax certificate but they sent me no email!

Maybe you get one or the other :D

I see it exactly where you are looking, i.e. where it should be

doug2500
2 Lemon pips

Postby doug2500 » May 9th, 2018, 4:49 pm

This has also happened to family member today (email, but no certificate), and I had similar with another broker when the document followed the email by a few hours.

On another note, when you can download all the transactions in a statement the day after the year end, why does it take over a month to produce a certificate?

Lootman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Lootman » May 9th, 2018, 4:56 pm

doug2500 wrote:On another note, when you can download all the transactions in a statement the day after the year end, why does it take over a month to produce a certificate?

One reason might be the thirty day rule, whereby if you sell a security on April 5th and repurchase it on May 4th, then it is treated differently for tax purposes.

So perhaps it is considered not wise to submit data for your tax return until at least one month after the end of the tax year. My accountant is wary of submitting taxes too early just in case the tax certificate has to be amended and reissued.

doug2500
2 Lemon pips

Postby doug2500 » May 9th, 2018, 5:13 pm

That's maybe a valid point, but I always thought a consolidated tax certificate only dealt with the income side because the capital side is too complicated since they don't know if you hold shares elsewhere?

e.g. they can't work out a section 104 holding because they don't know you have a heap of shares in another account?

syrio
Lemon Pip

Postby syrio » May 9th, 2018, 7:04 pm

I discovered that it wasn't showing the tax certificate because I had my ISA or my SIPP account selected somehow.

Just another clunky, awkward thing about the website.

syrio
Lemon Pip

Postby syrio » May 9th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Now I have the certificate it doesn't look correct - I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have all the income for this year.

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » June 24th, 2018, 9:31 pm

I have the same problem as the op, I've emailed them, see what they say. I suspect the issue us connected with their system change in Dec17.

Anybody get the issue resolved?

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » June 24th, 2018, 10:49 pm

I have downloaded two iii tax certificates, one for pre migration and one for post migration. Added together they look about right to me.

regards, dspp

Lootman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Lootman » June 24th, 2018, 11:14 pm

dspp wrote:I have downloaded two iii tax certificates, one for pre migration and one for post migration. Added together they look about right to me.

And "looking right" is probably good enough given that, in the event of a HMRC inquiry, the main document that they would rely upon to check your return is probably the very same document that you are relying upon!

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » June 26th, 2018, 8:19 pm

I called ii and it seems my consolidated tax vouchers aren't ready yet, along with a load of other people, apparently a batch run going on 28/6, see if the voucher then appears

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » July 12th, 2018, 11:21 am

I'm still unable to access my consolidated tax vouchers. Does anyone else use their android phone to view? I've tried both Chrome and Explorer and both the same. ii are snookered and have referred to IT. It can't be just me though

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » July 12th, 2018, 12:08 pm

scubascuba wrote:I'm still unable to access my consolidated tax vouchers.

They are pdf files, which you should be able to download and store locally on a PC. You then use the PC's pdf reader. As for Android, reading pdf files can be hit or miss, but that could be the problem rather than anything specific with ii. Try reading a restaurant's menu off its website, these are usually pdf as well.

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » July 12th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Alaric wrote:
scubascuba wrote:I'm still unable to access my consolidated tax vouchers.

They are pdf files, which you should be able to download and store locally on a PC. You then use the PC's pdf reader. As for Android, reading pdf files can be hit or miss, but that could be the problem rather than anything specific with ii. Try reading a restaurant's menu off its website, these are usually pdf as well.

The Document history defaults to Contract notes which i can see on my android phone no problem which may well be pdfs, there is no option apart from these. I should be able to access tax vouchers and valuations using my phone, PCs only are very last decade

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » July 12th, 2018, 7:38 pm

I'm interested if anyone can access on their phone like i used to do with no problem before the system change

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » July 12th, 2018, 9:47 pm

scubascuba wrote:The Document history defaults to Contract notes

It seems to be a problem with the mobile version of their site. On the PC version, there's a drop down which has contract notes at the top with the other options beneath.

On the mobile version, this drop down menu is or appears to be missing. So it's not just tax certificates that have gone astray, it's the other items such as annual statements and correspondence as well.

You need to ask ii to parallel the same query on a PC and on an Android, because they don't work the same. It's not directly tax certificates that's the problem, rather their system for viewing them.

scubascuba

Postby scubascuba » July 14th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Alaric wrote:
scubascuba wrote:The Document history defaults to Contract notes

It seems to be a problem with the mobile version of their site. On the PC version, there's a drop down which has contract notes at the top with the other options beneath.

On the mobile version, this drop down menu is or appears to be missing. So it's not just tax certificates that have gone astray, it's the other items such as annual statements and correspondence as well.

You need to ask ii to parallel the same query on a PC and on an Android, because they don't work the same. It's not directly tax certificates that's the problem, rather their system for viewing them.

Yes thanks for confirming that. I have said to them its unlikely just me, and i suggested they tried to access themselves using their phones. Maybe they will confirm there is an issue with the mobile version, then fix it.

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”