Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

II new website

Dod101
Lemon Quarter

II new website

Postby Dod101 » June 8th, 2018, 7:32 am

Ominously, II has announced on their website that they are launching a new one this weekend. I hope they do a better job than TSB.

Dod

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: II new website

Postby Breelander » June 8th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Dod101 wrote:Ominously, II has announced on their website that they are launching a new one this weekend. I hope they do a better job than TSB.

Dod

Actually it's not so much 'new' as migrating iii users to the existing TD platform. As a TD customer I have been on that platform and the 'new website address of www.ii.co.uk ' since ii took over TD. There have been some recent changes to the platform as inherited from TD....

II wrote:What can you expect from the new website?
In addition to our new website address of www.ii.co.uk, the first thing you will notice is a new navigation. This has been designed using customer feedback. It is now easier to use and offers a better and faster experience across all devices...
http://www.iii.co.uk/keeping-you-informed

...but I can assure you that the changes are genuine improvements and that it is already working just fine for me.

Dod101
Lemon Quarter

Postby Dod101 » June 8th, 2018, 1:21 pm

I was a TD customer as well so if we will see no/not much change that is fine by me. It sounded like a thorough shake up.

Dod

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » June 8th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Dod101 wrote:I was a TD customer as well so if we will see no/not much change that is fine by me. It sounded like a thorough shake up.

You and I are already on the ii platform so we are not migrating, but I'm sure it will come as a bit of a 'culture shock' for the iii customers who are. For them it will be "a thorough shake up". ;)

Alaric
Lemon Quarter

Postby Alaric » June 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Breelander wrote: For them it will be "a thorough shake up". ;)

I thought that had already happened. For ex TD customers all that happened was a change of colour. The boards had complaints/ comments from previous ii customers that they couldn't find anything, where ex TD people knew exactly where it was, transaction history being a good example.

Isn't the latest change mostly just a change in the web address? Perhaps typing tddirect will no longer redirect.

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » June 8th, 2018, 4:44 pm

I am an ex-II user. I have been in today, and nothing is different. The real migration to the TD platform for me was several months ago. I suspect this is some sort of admin tidying up exercise though of course I may be wrong.

regards, dspp

supremetwo
Lemon Slice

Postby supremetwo » June 9th, 2018, 10:21 pm

Impossible to get the full research portfolio width on my computer screen on the new site.

I need to scroll to the bottom and use the slider, which then moves the name column to the left so it disappears.

Changing the zoom (using Chrome or Edge on Windows 10) makes no difference.

No FTSE 100 or FTSE250.

Another site ruined by smart-phone APP designers.

supremetwo
Lemon Slice

Postby supremetwo » June 9th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Breelander wrote:..but I can assure you that the changes are genuine improvements and that it is already working just fine for me.

Re. my post, are you able to view all the columns?

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » June 9th, 2018, 11:58 pm

supremetwo wrote:Impossible to get the full research portfolio width on my computer screen on the new site.
I need to scroll to the bottom and use the slider, which then moves the name column to the left so it disappears.

Changing the zoom (using Chrome or Edge on Windows 10) makes no difference...

I presume you mean the 'Investments' page from the 'Portfolio' drop-down menu. Yes, I can see all the columns, from the + (View More Information) at the left of the names to the 'three vertical dots' (More Options) to the right of Buy/Sell. Using Edge, maximised, 100% zoom, on a 16:9 laptop screen (1366x768).

I can produce a scroll bar near the bottom of the page if I use Edge in a window and reduce the width. But when that happens I can see all the columns and loose the scroll bar if I zoom out. For example, if the window is half the width of my screen I can get rid of the scroll bar and see all the columns using 50% zoom.

If you are familiar with web design, you should know what I mean if I say the website is Responsive. It adapts the layout to the best fit for the device it's being displayed on. To do that it need to query the browser to find out its display capabilities. Do you use and Adblocker or Privacy add-ons that may be preventing this?

supremetwo
Lemon Slice

Postby supremetwo » June 10th, 2018, 12:54 am

Breelander wrote:
supremetwo wrote:Impossible to get the full research portfolio width on my computer screen on the new site.

Changing the zoom (using Chrome or Edge on Windows 10) makes no difference...

I presume you mean the 'Investments' page from the 'Portfolio' drop-down menu. Yes, I can see all the columns, from the + (View More Information) at the left of the names to the 'three vertical dots' (More Options) to the right of Buy/Sell. Using Edge, maximised, 100% zoom, on a 16:9 laptop screen (1366x768).

I can produce a scroll bar near the bottom of the page if I use Edge in a window and reduce the width. But when that happens I can see all the columns and loose the scroll bar if I zoom out. For example, if the window is half the width of my screen I can get rid of the scroll bar and see all the columns using 50% zoom.

If you are familiar with web design, you should know what I mean if I say the website is Responsive. It adapts the layout to the best fit for the device it's being displayed on. To do that it need to query the browser to find out its display capabilities. Do you use and Adblocker or Privacy add-ons that may be preventing this?

I do use ublock in Chrome, which I disabled and no difference. No addblock in Edge.

I do have one or two long names in the name column such as international-consolidated-airlines-group-sa.

I am not seeing any vertical dots to the left of the name column of the Virtual Portfolio so perhaps the format of an actual portfolio is different.

Frustrating when it was all fine on the old site.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » June 10th, 2018, 2:51 am

supremetwo wrote:I am not seeing any vertical dots to the left of the name column of the Virtual Portfolio so perhaps the format of an actual portfolio is different.

Yes, I'm describing my live portfolio.

Do you see a blue message on any page saying....

YOU SAID WE DID
Our new improved portfolio page is just a click away. View it now, or see what we've improved here.
If so, try clicking on TRY IT NOW. That's the view I'm using, but I can switch to 'classic view' if I want.

(or is that just for live portfolios?)

supremetwo
Lemon Slice

Postby supremetwo » June 10th, 2018, 10:40 am

Breelander wrote:
supremetwo wrote:I am not seeing any vertical dots to the left of the name column of the Virtual Portfolio so perhaps the format of an actual portfolio is different.

Yes, I'm describing my live portfolio.

Do you see a blue message on any page saying....

YOU SAID WE DID
Our new improved portfolio page is just a click away. View it now, or see what we've improved here.
If so, try clicking on TRY IT NOW. That's the view I'm using, but I can switch to 'classic view' if I want.

(or is that just for live portfolios?)

Virtual portfolio is different.

I have messaged ii via their feedback.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » June 11th, 2018, 1:05 am

I've just tried the new website and it's appalling! :evil:

1. Half the bid prices in my portfolio are blank, so the value column is also blank and the "%" column is showing "-100.000%"

2. Why on earth is every figure to 3 decimal points? If a holding is worth £36,576 I don't need to know that it's worth exactly £36,576.752. Neither do I need percentages to three decimal points.

3. Like supremetwo I have to scroll to the right to see the full spreadsheet on my main portfolio, but then can't see the name of the company on the left. In other portfolios the full width is displayed but there is no column for notes at the far right.

4. The `chat' button to the right appears to be inactive.

5. It used to be very easy to see news and discussion relating to a particular share simply by clicking on the `News' or `Discussion' tab on that share. Now you need to leave the portfolio screen and open another page for the discussion (which itself is far less clearly laid out) and there appears to be no obvious link to news specifically about the company.

6. All investments are now lumped together. Previously, bonds and foreign investments were listed separately on the page, which was much clearer.

7. It may be an aesthetic thing, but I found the general readability of the old portfolio pages far clearer than this one.

It's a massive retrograde move. I've given my feedback, but I doubt much will change. And unfortunately, the hassle of setting it all up on another website is just too gruesome to contemplate, so I'm probably stuck with it.

Never was the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" more apposite :(

88V8
2 Lemon pips

Postby 88V8 » June 11th, 2018, 9:38 am

As a former TD customer and prior to that, NatWest, it is business as usual.

I gave up the Virtual Portfolio years ago when it didn't work with Chrome.

Can see all the columns in my account by switching to Classic View (near top rh). The default blobby view came along a few months ago, presumably for people with tiny screens or poor eyesight.

I did try to sign up for ii's discussion forum a while back but never got a response, so what I didn't have I don't miss.

One thing that's dubious on this site and has been for years, is the %age price change. It's sometimes correct, but often seems to reflect the spread rather than any actual day's change. Just something to be aware of.

Yes, it seems not worth switching for a sake of a website. TD/ii have always been good at trading whatever I want to trade, they haven't engaged in stock nannying, and with the exception of their $ conversion charge their fees are not high. If you did switch, well, the web is an ephemeral thing.

V8

bobsmydog

Postby bobsmydog » June 11th, 2018, 9:46 am

Oh dear, what can I say? This new website for a virtual portfolio is just awful and now completely useless to me.

It's become a pop website, no longer useful for any serious investment tracking and research. I assume all this dumbing down is to make websites suitable for mobile devices.

I have tracked a virtual portfolio on interactive investor since 2000 when I also owned shares in the company. I found it to be the best to find and track the largest range of investments (including PIBS etc), to easily view fundamentals, news and discussions for each and to give me an overall view of my portfolio on any one day.

Many of my investments are now 'unavailable' even, shockingly, Jupiter European unit trust (or is an OEIC?) a pretty damn mainstream investment!

everhopeful

Postby everhopeful » June 11th, 2018, 10:24 am

My Research/Virtual portfolio has now become unavailable. I am asked to enter my email address to migrate my portfolio to the new site and am then told I will receive an email to reset my password. Nothing happens! I have depended day to day on a virtual portfolio where all my holdings from different platforms are amalgamated. The apparent loss of this facility is extremely inconvenient.

tjh290633
Lemon Quarter

Postby tjh290633 » June 11th, 2018, 10:48 am

everhopeful wrote:My Research/Virtual portfolio has now become unavailable. I am asked to enter my email address to migrate my portfolio to the new site and am then told I will receive an email to reset my password. Nothing happens! I have depended day to day on a virtual portfolio where all my holdings from different platforms are amalgamated. The apparent loss of this facility is extremely inconvenient.

I did it yesterday and got the email by clicking on "I forgot my password" as that seemed the obvious route.

Everything then worked as it should, although one or two unexpected effects.

TJH

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » June 11th, 2018, 10:49 am

88V8 wrote:
I did try to sign up for ii's discussion forum a while back but never got a response,

Their website info on the discussion forum is plain wrong. If you ever get through to a person who knows what they are doing you then get asked to send photoID by snailmail. Not for me thank you.

(as a brokerage they are doing OK for me)

regards, dspp

everhopeful

Postby everhopeful » June 11th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Thanks TJH. I am now able to see my portfolio but with no values.

tjh290633
Lemon Quarter

Postby tjh290633 » June 11th, 2018, 2:39 pm

If you are viewing on a mobile perhaps it is off to the right? It is on mine. Sliding the display left will reveal the data

TJH

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”